Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 central nj hunters >

central nj hunters

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

central nj hunters

Old 10-01-2003, 06:44 PM

Default central nj hunters

hows everyone been doing so far i' v had a couple of does come in but no shots
i' v been hunting on the whitting wma for the last year still trying to figurev it all out i did find a small patch of oak trees with acorns on them but they are very small one;s but their are good signs/tracks in and around it
its just a matter of time
well hope everyone gets theirs
Old 10-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: central nj hunters

howdy im hunting over on 539 in the greenwood wildlife management area. opening day was strange never saw a deer and was just dead quiet and warm!. you could hear a pin drop. they planted some winter rye in the fields over by the roads just after the fire tower on 539 on the right. i seen 20 deer out there last friday. i have some baited areas that arent being touched. maybe its a good acorn year or something because i never had an opening day without at least seeing something. hope those gun clubs didnt kill everything last year! i will be out there hopefully saturday. let me know how you do.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:20 PM

hi liquid i have hunted on the back side of greenwood and saw a few but nothing every in range
Old 10-03-2003, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

i will be heading out tomorrow morning to hunt some stands and retrieve a trail camera thats been out for 2 weeks. my buddy who im going with is handicapped will be shooting his crossbow. hes got a red dot scope on it and is pretty cool. in the afternoon i will be meeting my brother to hunt one of those planted fields. you have to be there around 2pm to get a spot. you can usually get 4 or 5 guys around one of those planted fields and its nice when all your buddies are hunting on the same field because its usually a guessing game as to where the deer will come out. many times they sneak and come in from behind you and scare the crap out of you especially if your hunting on the ground from a blind which is what i like to do . anyway its a real neat experience if you feel like it come on down. if your heading from rt70 at the wa wa take 539 south and its the first road on the right after the fire tower. they planted 3 fields along that main road going in. everybody who hunts those fields usually hangs out in the parking lots till around 2 or 3pm and then set up for the night action. i usually hunt the 2nd field in. good luck maybe i will see you out there!
Old 10-03-2003, 08:10 PM

i' d love to hunt with that group with you but i have to go to phill for dinner on sat night but i' ll try and stop by the lot to chech thins out not to sure about the fire tower but are you talking passed the rail road tracks or before on 539? i no the wa wa then stay to the left at the split then i either make a right to head to the back side or keep going till i get to the dirt lot for all the small game hunters witch is passed the gun clubs shack on the right side
anyway i' ll be out in whitting wma for the morning hunt and try and meet up with the group for next week
thanks and hope you have a good hunt
Old 10-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

to get to the fire tower you have to go south on 539 a little further past where the railroad tracks use to be. just passed the main big parking lot for greenwood wma where they stock birds. i sat on a field last night and had the whole place to myself. got there around 4 and didnt get much of a chance to hunt because my brother who was in a stand just off the field hit a doe and we went tracking. its his first deer with the bow and he has been at it off and on for 24 years he tells me. he was more of a gun and muzzleloader hunter but i think hes hooked now on bow hunting. im gonna sit on those fields after work this week but i should be there on saturday. maybe i will see you down there- good luck!
Old 10-12-2003, 07:47 AM

i hunted greenwood wmalast night a littlebit father back than your talking about but it was a green field can' t wait till gun season to hunt them fields
any way you ever find you brothers doe
ps i had the whole place to my self when i left i went passed the area you hunt and no trucks at all parked their