Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa Rifle Season Hunters. >

Pa Rifle Season Hunters.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa Rifle Season Hunters.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:54 AM
Spike

Lots of nice buck on trail cams this year. Of the 10 members of my lease, 5 tagged buck this year. I was one. I shot a young 8 that was engaged with an older half rack 4. After I shot him, he jumped and landed on his head and broke off one side.

Haven't gotten any of the big early season buck on trail cams recently, but found one dead, a big 8, a few weeks ago, and another smaller 6. Not sure if the coyotes got them, or they were wounded during the season.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
I have a past?
Everyone has a past. Some more vivid than others!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone has a past. Some more vivid than others!
OK, I'll buy that. But what kind of past gets you banned from a hunting website the same day you register?
Old 04-12-2014, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default In the history of PA hunting

...there is always hunters who don't see a deer that season; hunters who harvest a deer; a few hunters who get the "trophy" of a lifetime.

And many a hunter had a "failed" hunting day, until they suddenly harvest a deer, turning it into a brilliant success.

And some will seek and expect the same results and never hunt the other's square mile.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Spike

This was the worst rifle season I've ever had. Seen very few legal bucks and nothing to even consider shooting. Logged just under 100hrs on stand with no luck.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Banned

For the past 2 seasons hunting on SGL 4c I have seen a total of 3 deer in 5 days of rifle hunting.

Archery was a little better but rifle season no deer and only a handful of shots within earshot
Old 05-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

I got a 7 point on the first saturday and a doe on the second tuesday. During archery I saw 3 legal bucks, lots of little scrub bucks, and missed a doe. I saw more deer this past season than I have in previous years. Frequently saw groups with 5-10 in it instead of just seeing 1 or 2 like I had been. Things might be looking up in my area.
-Jake