Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DMP' s Harder to get?? >

DMP' s Harder to get??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DMP' s Harder to get??

Old 09-22-2003, 02:45 PM

Default DMP' s Harder to get??

We got our licenses today. I only got one permit. Wife got 2. I wonder why I only got one when there are SO many deer around.

I applied for 3G and 4S, sales clerk told me to reconsider since 4S was giving NO permits. So I tried for 3G and 4Y. I got 1 for 3G.

Wife applied for 2 in 3G and got both.

How is everybody else fairing??

Isnt' there another opportunity to get DMPs in November sometime??

Old 09-22-2003, 10:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DMP' s Harder to get??

I think most dmaps are gone but you need to get in touch with the listed landowner NOW if you want one. My son and I got 2 each from 2f but we applied 3-4 weeks ago!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:45 PM

I was actually referring to antlerless deer tags.

The others, which I know simply as " crop damage permits" I don' t usually worry too much about. Before I hunt I call the guy who owns the farm and ask if he has any left. If so cool, if not, that' s ok too.

He had a few last year, and I don' t even know if anybody ever used any.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:41 AM

King is talking about NY tags, not PA DMAP tags. (Atleast I think he is)

Just clearing up some confusion.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

KH -

In Central NY - Same thing - my area - 7M 1st chance for permit was MED, second NONE - I got denied (but got a prefference point for next fall) Hopefully, enough of our hunting partners will get 7M permits that we can share to keep hunting throught the gun season should we tag bucks. I did get a 7J permit on my 2nd choice - but its not where my cabin (and the dozens of does that need to be taken) are/is.

At least we got the Either/or and Antlerless permits for Bow/Blackpowder - hopefully we' ll be able to take the number of does we need to for management purposes this way if the permits aren' t available.

Good luck this fall!

Old 09-24-2003, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

King,

You in essence have two more anyway if your wife does not use hers. In New York a hunter that does not use their DMU tags can sign them over to another hunter. but if your wife uses them than you will have plenty of tasty venison and some great memories of your wife shooting a few deer.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

i had gotten both of my choices for 3m with no problem but they are usually (high) for that area and on long island it is very easy as well
Old 09-25-2003, 06:12 PM

Oh, no doubt Man.

I wasn' t complaining. I' m just surprised that they are being so tight with the permits with all the deer problems.

I drive up route 9, about 40 miles worth every night on my way home from work. I' ve given up counting how many " near" collisions I have with the suicidal bastards.

We' ll have plenty of meat. We usually keep one or two, and share the rest.

Old 09-25-2003, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Actually Long Island has unlimited DMU tags.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is all relative.
I hunt 7m and it always seems hard to get permits (not because they don' t issue them - they issue more than most other areas - but because it is one of the biggest units and probably one of the most heavily hunted)
Then again some areas this year have automatic DMP for 1st and second choice
Now that we can sign over permits we try and get freinds from other areas to apply for us and we in turn will apply for them - it works out pretty good.

back to ur original question King Hugh:
At some point after October 1st (i think that is the date) they will announce that u can reapply for DMPs at you local issuers. I would call and keep in touch with the issuer for the date - it is first come first serve. Last year, if i remember correctly, it was on the opening day of bow.

Happy Hunting

Quick Reply: DMP' s Harder to get??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.