Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Do any of you carry when bowhunting? >

Do any of you carry when bowhunting?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Do any of you carry when bowhunting?

Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Spike

Default Do any of you carry when bowhunting?

Some states dont allow you to carry a firearm while bowhunting. Do any of you carry a firearm while bowhunting. Seems like alot more black bears are coming into my area and I dont want to run into one in the dark with just my bow. Thoughts?
Old 09-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

naw i don't live in alaska . what ever makes you feel safe though
Old 09-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

is yer state one of the ones?
ours is. i tell you, when a 400 lb hog comes at ya, which is like an over grown rottweiler,
ya really start wishing you were an outlaw. hard to shoot a hog and kill it with a gun when yer surprised and its charging....now to imagine a pissed off bear!!! with a bow only...not fer me..sorry, write me the ticket johny law.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

black bears are becoming more and more common here, a couple of years ago it was major news for someone to spot one, not any more. I picked up a g29 in 10mm strictly as a carry gun for this years bow season.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
is yer state one of the ones?
ours is. i tell you, when a 400 lb hog comes at ya, which is like an over grown rottweiler,
ya really start wishing you were an outlaw. hard to shoot a hog and kill it with a gun when yer surprised and its charging....now to imagine a pissed off bear!!! with a bow only...not fer me..sorry, write me the ticket johny law.
i think i would be more scared of those giant azz hogs!!! I'm only worried about bears during the spring here in pa
Old 09-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

I've never had a problem with bears while hunting or hiking. Ran into them plenty of times without incident. But, I do typically carry during bow season. I'd be more worried of the two legged trouble than the bears though. I've already ran into one crazy guy in the woods this year. Hoping the rest of the season goes smoothly.
-Jake
Old 09-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Don't leave home without one no matter if I'm hunting or not. I mean they are meant for personal protection. We do have Black Bears and recently "supposedly" a few mountain Lion & Grey Wolf have been spotted but the F&G don't want to admit they do exist here. I believe it is because they don't have the resources or the manpower to take on another species. All three of these carnivores will attack man for one reason or another and I am not going to be a statistic. Just look at the west coast and Alaska, you hear about people being attacked constantly! I think most attacks were prevoked by stupid people but there are the few that weren't! I feel safe with the 44 Ruger SBH strapped to the hip

Last edited by 7MMXBOLT; 09-30-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Illegal (unfortunately) where I most often hunt.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

I always carry my .38, but not because of bears. It's the 2-legged animal on meth I'm more concerned about.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Typical Buck

I've never felt the need to, but I also resemble Sasquatch!lol
Coyotes & bears just get a good thwap on the snout. It's them pesky timber rattlers that I'd rather not tangle with!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.