Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Maybe a Mountain Lion >

Maybe a Mountain Lion

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maybe a Mountain Lion

Old 12-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CT-Hunter
The DNR admits to the presence of isolated individuals but states there is no breeding population in Indiana. They are ambivalent about their origins. But they state clearly that they have not been stocked. To quote them, "The Indiana Division of Fish and Wildlife has never stocked or released mountain lions in Indiana, nor does it plan to."

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files...nformation.pdf

Well that darn media..... trying to mislead trusting Indiana citizens with a story like that. Why... how dare them scallywags...
Old 12-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Buckhunter46755
They then came clean & admitted to an experimenal release of a few cats in central IN to help control deer populations there. I believe it was around Kokomo, IN.

Turned out to be bad public relations not telling people there were big cats stalking the woods.
Post the proof!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Post the proof!

I hear ya.... I'm trying to find it. A repoter was talking about on one of the FT. Wayne news stations. Until I do.... we'll just say they DON'T EXIST then. But I have absolutely no reason to make it up.... Because I don't really care one way or the other. If they are here great. If not, that's fine too.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Its most likely a liger.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think we're all being sandbagged here, guys.. If I remember correctly, I've seen this very same picture on either this site or another hunting site several or more years ago. It belongs in the same file as the one of the mountain lion looking in a sliding glass door from a wooden deck that was taken in Colorado, Texas, etc., etc., some years ago. That cat showed up at more places than Coors beer.....
Old 12-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Spike

No mt. lions in WV either. Funny, I know what I saw. Watched it for more than a minute, long tail amd all.

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android