Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 WHOS HUNTING FOR NJ BLACK BEAR? >

WHOS HUNTING FOR NJ BLACK BEAR?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WHOS HUNTING FOR NJ BLACK BEAR?

Old 09-03-2003, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default WHOS HUNTING FOR NJ BLACK BEAR?

WHO HERE WILL BE HUNTING BLACK BEAR THIS YEAR IN NEW JERSEY? THE OWNER OF STORE I DEAL WITH FOR FIREARMS, HAS GIVEN OUT LESS THEN 20 BLACK BEAR PERMITS, AND ALSO TOLD ME THAT OTHER STORES HAVE GIVEN ABOUT THE SAME.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: WHOS HUNTING FOR NJ BLACK BEAR?

I' m not. I' d rather hunt for deer. The div should have opened the season earlier. I don' t think too many hunters that are not in the " Hunt Zone" will apply. If I did hunt in the bear zone I would apply.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats why I applied. I had to leave a deer over night last year and I saw a bear 2 days before and well, the bear got one of the hind legs and I got the rest. Maybe this year I' ll get even. But I doubt I would have applied had I hunted out of the bear zone.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:39 PM

I would absolutely love to hunt for the black bear this year. I have no clue where to hunt for them since I' m from the shore area. I don' t want to have to spend the money and never even see a bear.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

There really isn' t any money to spend and anywhere in the NW. corner of the State holds Bear and Deer . Stokes, Flatbrook, are up near Layton off 206 Very Good Hunting up there. If I hadn,t seen a bear where I hunt now thats where I would go. Worthington. at the end of 80 also good. Just take a day trip between now and then Find a spot you can remember to get to in the dark. Look for Bear sign, at the very least you should nail a buck. Good Luck to you . And it doesn' t hurt to take the coarse just in case you change your mind. Ps. If you have a GPS and compass bring it along its big country up there. quote [I don' t want to have to spend the money and never even see a bear.] nothing is guaranteed. Iv' e been hunting for around 30 years now and have only run across 3-4 bear. Maybe if I was hunting them it might have been different. Good Luck to you.

Old 09-05-2003, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

I dont know anyone that will be hunting bear from my club of 12 guys. Everyone would rather hunt deer on our lease. I did see a bear a couple of years ago from my bow stand so there is a chance that a bear will be on the farm but most likely not.

Good areas to hunt are Hamburg WMA, Newark Watershed, Wawayanda, Stokes.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

i filled out my application and sent it in yesterday. questions are asked on it concerning if you have hunted and harvested bear before. at the very least i will have something from the state for free and the course mite be worth taking .