Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Im going to north country in NY on Sat >

Im going to north country in NY on Sat

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Im going to north country in NY on Sat

Old 08-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default Im going to north country in NY on Sat

I cant wait, Im gonna call them and find out if I can take Pics. Hopefully I can learn more about food plots and what not.
Anyone been there before?

BTW I went into Gander Mountain yesterday......WOW talk about landing in hunter heaven. So Im looking around, and up comes an ole friend of mine......she works there, nothing like 30% off some new rocky boots and new clothing...hehehehe.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:18 AM

Default RE: Im going to north country in NY on Sat

they just opened a new gander mtn, store in buffalo, it' s been open for about 6
weeks, ive been there 4 times, one time for 2 1/2 hours, my wife allmost kicked me in the head, i live over 50 miles from the place, so its got to be good
Old 08-26-2003, 08:19 AM

I grew up skiing on THE Gander Mountain (now called Wilmot) just over the border in Southern Wisconsin, but you think that entitles me to any discounts at the new Rochester store?! I tell the cashiers and the guys in the gun department and they give me that little patronizing " how nice" smile and charge me full price. What is the world coming to?

You know, I' m wondering how Galyans, Dicks, Dunhams, Wal-Mart, LGSs, and everybody else who is selling outdoorstuff can hope to stay in business.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:48 AM

Phade - any update on your trip to NorthCountry Whitetails? Was picture taking allowed? Thanks!
Old 09-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

Yes I finally got on. I keep getting an error message everytime I try to get on here. But Yes, I went there....had a blast. I was allowed to take pictures, and have some on my digi. I would need to to send them to someone, so they can be hosted I think. Well worth the 50 dollars. I learned way more than I thought I would. It is absolutely beautiful country. I suggest a trip to anyone wanting to learn about QDM, or food plots.

BTW we should get a NY meet somewhere. Thatd be nice to put some faces with the names.
Old 09-16-2003, 02:10 PM

Phade - thanks for the update. I hope to make a visit next year. I am in Delaware County and think that a NY meet would be a great idea.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:10 AM

If anyone reading this wants to hunt western ny, specifically wildlife management units 8w, 8t or 8 x let me know. NOONE will be denied doe pemits in 8w and 8t and usually there is some first come first serve doe permits available after the intial application period(usually available around the 10-15th of october). I' m going to the Charles Alsheimer seminar tonight and for anyone who isn' t familiar with his work..get familiar with it. His rut predictions are dead on!
Old 09-24-2003, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

Im in 8. I havent been up here in three years, so im not sure what part of 8 im in. let me know.