Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 is cabelas still coming to pa >

is cabelas still coming to pa

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

is cabelas still coming to pa

Old 08-19-2003, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default is cabelas still coming to pa

i haven' t heard anything about it for awhile and was just wondering
Old 08-19-2003, 08:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: is cabelas still coming to pa

Whelen36, absolutely friend. The building is well under construction and from what I understand....is absolutley huge... according to a friend of mine who lives near, I guess you can put like 16 large Gander Mt. stores inside it.....WOW[].

It' s still near Hamburg, PA.

[:-]
Old 08-19-2003, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

it is coming and its huge!!! my friend is the manager of the fishing dept. it is 265,000 square feet. inside is a 45 ft mountain with tons of full body sheep mounts. there is a full sized elefant mounted, a rhino, along with like the top 25 whitetails ever shot. there are huge moose and elk mounts to boot. he says that day after day trailers would come with mounts and each trailer had armed personnel b/c each trailer was valued at 4 million dollars. it is HUGE!!! there is a beaver damn with large trout with a full size moose mounted standing in the middle on top of the xxx,000 gallon fish tank full of fish. i could go on for hours about all of the stuff he told me about the store. i cannot wait to go. BTW, the building is fire coded for 50,000 people at one time.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:19 AM
jbc

It will be opening September 16th, only 3 weeks away!. They will be having a grand opening sale in October.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hamburg, PA
Soft Opening — September 18
Grand Opening — October 3 - 12

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...=4000108081503
Old 08-20-2003, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just got back from the one in Dundee, MI, I could go on for pages about it. It is like the mecca of all hunting stores. Something every outdoor person should visit.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wimp, I was there the first weekend in August. That place is absolutely awesome. You' ll be getting one close to you soon. They are building one in Wheeling, WV next. Check it out on their site.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the info guys , sounds like a place i could go broke in .
BTW- i just saw an add for it on page 20 of the pennsylvania hunting and trapping digest, so i kind of feel stupid for asking but , i found out a lot of information that i didn' t know so thanks a bunch
Old 08-21-2003, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

' Pennsylvania Digest of Hunting and Trapping Ads' is more like it. What ever happened to the little 3" X 4" book that could fit in your license holder? Must not have been enough room for the ads.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, the 18th is the soft opening and there is an " Invitation-Only" Opening sometime between the soft opening and the grand opening. The latest " rumor" that I heard was that anyone who worked on the construction of the building was being invited to the invitation-only opening and that they were giving them 50% off of anything they purchased.

Now I know that I picked the wrong profession. I should have been in construction.

I live about 20 minutes from the store and will try to head down and take a pic of it to post on here.

Quick Reply: is cabelas still coming to pa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.