Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hey Tracker

Old 11-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Spike

Default Hey Tracker

How did you do at your Steuben County property. It has been a little slow for us, no big bucks. We have filled a couple doe tags, and one of my partners did get a nice bear late bow season.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

Did ok . We got 3 nice does and a 4 pointer .
I seen another buck but wasnt any bigger .
Wind Tower luckly didnt bother my stand location , I,m abought 350 to 400 yards away .
Problem I had was I,m up around 18 feet in a stand and had a hunter 60 feet or less standing right behind me who was very figity .
Aggravating but I,m on the edge of my hunting parcel and he was on another .
By the second morning he noticed me and moved up abought 100 yards or so .
Although my ground blind witch is usualy a garranty was a no show ..Didnt see a deer out of it ?
Talked to the wind power guy , There suppose to have the Towers up and running either this or next week .
Herd thru the grape vine theres a dandy buck up your way that was spotted numerous times .
Wish we had more then 2 1/2 days to hunt but we do very good for the short spurt there .
So you hunting there all season ??? Good luck , let me no how you guys do .
Up here in Northern NY I havent seen a decent buck in person or on camera .
Only a hand full of does to , Last year I was seeing up to 25 at a time .
Its so warm here I found fresh BEAR tracks the day after thanksgiving in the snow .
Well we had snow for 2 days ( 9 inches ) LOL...
I,ll try to post the picture I got of a 3 pointer mounting my doe decoy .. Funny ,,,