Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NJ bear season question >

NJ bear season question

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ bear season question

Old 11-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default NJ bear season question

I am really confused on this. Why would NJ let you bait for bears then only let you hunt from a non erected blind from the ground if you are within a 100yrds from the bait? If you are in a stand you have to be a minimum of 300ft (100yrds) from the bait! I just don't get why they would want to make it harder for you to hit your target by moving you farther away from it. But they let you hunt at any distance from the ground? Making 10 times harder to be selective on the animal? Grant it you can shoot ANY bear but I don't get it at all.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is NJ, the state that makes no sense !!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
This is NJ, the state that makes no sense !!!!
Yeah I figured as much! I actually called someone I know who works on the bear program and they said it was a compromise with the non hunting members on the board. Thats just great, make it harder for me to hit my target. Its hard enough to judge a bears size. I set my spot up from the ground. Get this I can't even pile sticks and branches up in front of me! It has to be a natural blowdown. I mean come on, how the heck are they going to tell if you made it or if its a bunch of downed trees? Lucky thing is we had that heavy snow in Oct snapping off more huge limbs in my area than you can shake a stick at (no pun intended)
LOL
Old 11-26-2011, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last year I had 8 different bears coming in all of archery season, during the bear/deer hunt never saw a bear or deer all-week, LOL!!!! I took a NJ bear in 2003. This year I have 3 different bears I know of !!!!

NJHeadhunter, I sent you a "PM" last week, did you get it?
Old 11-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
Last year I had 8 different bears coming in all of archery season, during the bear/deer hunt never saw a bear or deer all-week, LOL!!!! I took a NJ bear in 2003. This year I have 3 different bears I know of !!!!

NJHeadhunter, I sent you a "PM" last week, did you get it?
I haven't had any of them hit the bait as of yet (I just started baiting three days ago)

I did get your PM. If you can PM me your #. I am interested.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

sent you my number via "PM"