Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA rifle opener in a little over a week! >

PA rifle opener in a little over a week!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA rifle opener in a little over a week!

Old 11-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Spike

District Twp. Berks County on my uncle's farm. Spent the evening packing;
gatoraid CHECK
bottled water CHECK
Jack Daniels Honey CHECK
Eggs/Bacon CHECK
Remington 760 Gamemaster BDL CHECK
Remington Corelokt 125g PSP .30-06 roundsCHECK
Can't wait to get up in my tree stand!
Old 11-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
Sullivan County for me. Heading up Saturday morning around 11:00am. Staying until Wednesday night.
I hunt the late flintlock season at my house in Hillsgrove. We usually try to hit the Pine Tavern on Friday night for the fried fish dinner..YUM...
Old 11-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

I'll be in the same district hunting Monday as well on Huffs Church Rd. Great area to fill the tags.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

hunting in clinton county wmu2g was very bad so far this year.excessive doe kill has ruined hunting here.
lots of hunters and very few deer too hunt.

cant hunters and pgc see they are ruining our hunting by killing off all these doe.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

I could not get out the first week to go up to the old coal regions. I finally got up there Saturday. Slow day, saw one small doe. Too windy. I did go out behind the house the first day for an hour and a half with a shot gun. I was never in a shot gun area the first day. These locals can't shoot! Every time someone started to shoot, it was a minimum of 5 shots. For real. The least amount I heard from one group/person was 5 shots!

Friday afternoon I got a doe out behind the house with the old single shot 12 gauge. It is just not like hunting the mountains. I hope I can get up there again this weekend.

Good luck to the rest of you.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to those that harvested!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
I could not get out the first week to go up to the old coal regions. I finally got up there Saturday. Slow day, saw one small doe. Too windy. I did go out behind the house the first day for an hour and a half with a shot gun. I was never in a shot gun area the first day. These locals can't shoot! Every time someone started to shoot, it was a minimum of 5 shots. For real. The least amount I heard from one group/person was 5 shots!

Friday afternoon I got a doe out behind the house with the old single shot 12 gauge. It is just not like hunting the mountains. I hope I can get up there again this weekend.

Good luck to the rest of you.
i was hunting the last saturday in 2b with a flintlock. This is in a suburban township where you can get in legally to hunt this mile long valley. i archery hunted in this year and the past. No hunters. I go in on the last day before even entering the woods saw 12 hunters. they all drove the hell out of it and when i got to my stand there were 3 hunters all posted around it, i start climbing and here shots ringing. Like you said I HATE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T SHOOT, seriously everytime i heard someone shoot, they unloaded there whole magazine. so annoying. Not to mention, THIS IS IN A SUBURBAN AREA. Some people are so unsafe its unbelievable. This is the first time i have left a hunting location for the fear of being shot. i didnt even see one guy comeout with a deer, they can't even make a clean kill sorry guys i just had to vent.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
hunting in clinton county wmu2g was very bad so far this year.excessive doe kill has ruined hunting here.
lots of hunters and very few deer too hunt.

cant hunters and pgc see they are ruining our hunting by killing off all these doe.
x2 in marienville. im not sure was management area it is but i think its 2f? well they finally put the doe season in the second week. that was a plus. but guess what? they sold more tags than they have in the previous years. I did get really lucky and have a nice 3 day trip up there. i saw 13 doe, which is amazing for there. i also was trying to get around a brush pile when a black bear ran out no more than 5 yards from me, that was pretty cool.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

i was hunting grouse in late season 2 years ago in clinton county with my lab toby.
he started digging in brush pile, i pulled him out and a bear was below.

lots of bear storys like yours.
yes, doe killing is ruining our hunting here in wmu2g of pa.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got up to Buttonwood near Williamsport during 2nd week, bad weather didnt see a thing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.