Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Steuben County Wind project pics >

Steuben County Wind project pics

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Steuben County Wind project pics

Old 09-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Steuben County Wind project pics

I,ve been scanning everywhere on the net for some pictures of the progress on the (Steuben County NY ) Town of Howard EverPower wind project and cant fine a thing .
I have google earth but nothing shows up .
I found a scetched out drawing of what there planning , but not exact .
We hunt there every year , We travel 6 plus hrs one way and I,d like to have an idea of where the towers are standing .
We hunt the Southwoods road North of Spencer hill , just across the unacsesable State land .
Anyone live near the area that can take a few pictures for me ?
You can PM me and I,ll get you my e-mail address if needed .
Its private land and posted but I was told there will be at least one tower near my stand area .
I,m just hoping its not right on top of me of worst my tree is gone ?
Any pics or info wouldbe appreciated .
Were heading up in November and it would be great to no if I need a blind or something extra....
Old 09-07-2011, 02:45 AM
Spike

Default tracker

One of my partners was down there this past weekend. Our land is just south of you near Coots Rd. The towers are up along the ridge on your side of south Woods Rd. I dont think any are north of spencer hill, but they are close.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:10 AM
Spike

Default Tracker

I was down at our hunting property this week, the wind mills run the entire ridge from Coots Rd. to Burt hill on the north side of South Woods Rd. Looks Like you are right in the middle of them. Sorry, no pictures.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default Tks

Originally Posted by andrewstj View Post
I was down at our hunting property this week, the wind mills run the entire ridge from Coots Rd. to Burt hill on the north side of South Woods Rd. Looks Like you are right in the middle of them. Sorry, no pictures.
Thanks for the info. .
I found on line thats where they were going to put them up .
All along the ridge on South Woods rd. betwwen Coots rd. and Burt Hill .
Just wanted to see or here of the progress .
They say they shoiuld be running by Oct. and cleaning up gravel and debrees in Nov .
Just hope there done by Opening morning so its not so hecktick during the hunt with traffic and machinery ....
Where aboughts do you hunt ? Thanks
Old 09-12-2011, 02:32 AM
Spike

Default Tracker

South side of South Woods Rd. at the intersection of Coots Rd. The small cabin there is ours.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Seen it for sure .

Originally Posted by andrewstj View Post
South side of South Woods Rd. at the intersection of Coots Rd. The small cabin there is ours.
Looks like a nice spot and usualy see deer in the big field or crossing the road both on the way on and out most times .
How is the hunting on that end .
Its kinda spotty for us .
Usualy a lot better with a little snow and colder weather .
Not complaining to much but its been kinda mild last few years .
Old 09-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Spike

Default Tracker

it has been pretty good for us. This will be our fourth season on the property and every year we learn more about what we are doing wrong! We are trying to let the small bucks go and we do see some good ones, don't seem to shoot many. Stop by if you see us there, ask for Todd. Good luck this year.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds good . Will do if we happen to see ya there .
We try to stay put on stand as long as we can , do to we usualy only hunt 3 or 4 days .
We travel almost 7 hrs one way to hunt there for the opener .
Its kind of hit and miss every year there .
I,ve had years where I always got a buck and no does and a total flip the other times .
Filled 4 doe tags a few years back within abought a minute with my shot gun .
Nice to be able to use the rifles last few years .
Shot a dandy 8 pointer opening evening , a doe opening morning and a 2nd doe on the 2nd morning .
Doesnt seam to be quite as many deer last few years ??
We usualy come out around 11 am or so for a quick bite to eat .
Cost me a few years ago, while making a sandwich we had a doe a 2 bucks come running out of the woods and chasing a I assume hot doe a couple hundred yards from us and right across the road .
How many of you hunt there and do you hunt on the same side as your camp or up across the road ?
I just read new info. on the towers , They have the 25 up now and the other 2 will be put up but there not yet and there not sure when they will be done near Spencer hill road witch is located abought 500 to 600 yards from my stand area .
I imagine they will be in our area all hunting season because of hauling out there gravel from the roads and electricle , testing , etc.
Hope it doesnt effect our hunting .
Good luck to you guys to ...