Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Deer Outfitter Recommendation for Eastern Shore - MD >

Deer Outfitter Recommendation for Eastern Shore - MD

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Deer Outfitter Recommendation for Eastern Shore - MD

Old 08-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Spike

Default Deer Outfitter Recommendation for Eastern Shore - MD

Does anyone have any personal experience they can share with me about deer outfitters on the Eastern Shore of Maryland?

I am looking to book a trip for early muzzleloader season but would like a recommendation rather than going off the look and feel of a guide's website.

Appreciate everyone's time. Good luck hunting this year.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

NONE!! I hunted the shore for years but never went with an outfitter but I know atleast a dozen guys who have went with different guide services and not one would ever go again or recommend the guide service they used to another person.
None of them have alot of land (atleast huntable land that isnt field) and they all take as many hunters as they can book. I recommend making a scouting trip and scout the public land on the shore. You will have just as good of chance of harvesting a good buck on public land as you would hunting stands that were over hunted all year by other clients. The only way I would even consider hunting with a guide on the shore is if I went the very first week of the bow season because you would be the first hunters of the year and the mature bucks are still on their summer feeding patterns and havent turned nocturnal yet. Mid Sept. is probably the best time to kill a good buck other than the rut anyway. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 08-31-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have friends that booked with a local pastor in 2009. Saw one buck - killed one buck... J Pike said it best UNDER PRESSURE
Old 09-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

i used to hunt in olney,md.boy, bucks were huge.i wish my sister did not move to pa.i enjoyed archery there.

nothing to see 10 bucks per day.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you looking for whitetail or sika deer?