HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer Outfitter Recommendation for Eastern Shore - MD
Old 08-31-2011, 09:49 PM
J Pike
Nontypical Buck

NONE!! I hunted the shore for years but never went with an outfitter but I know atleast a dozen guys who have went with different guide services and not one would ever go again or recommend the guide service they used to another person.
None of them have alot of land (atleast huntable land that isnt field) and they all take as many hunters as they can book. I recommend making a scouting trip and scout the public land on the shore. You will have just as good of chance of harvesting a good buck on public land as you would hunting stands that were over hunted all year by other clients. The only way I would even consider hunting with a guide on the shore is if I went the very first week of the bow season because you would be the first hunters of the year and the mature bucks are still on their summer feeding patterns and havent turned nocturnal yet. Mid Sept. is probably the best time to kill a good buck other than the rut anyway. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 08-31-2011 at 09:51 PM.