Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Very disapointing >

Very disapointing

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Very disapointing

Old 09-13-2011, 01:46 PM
  #21  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,879
Default

I had no intention of casting doubt on the effects of EHD in NJ. I even suggested that he report his observation to the DEP since there was no reference to the current outbreak of EHD on the NJ DEP website.

I referenced the high antlerless allocations in 5C simply to point out that high antlerless harvests year after year can have a greater effect on the herd than sporadic outbreaks of EHD.
bluebird2 is offline  
Old 09-16-2011, 02:54 AM
  #22  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Carbon County Pa.
Posts: 601
Default

Originally Posted by bluebird2 View Post
I had no intention of casting doubt on the effects of EHD in NJ. I even suggested that he report his observation to the DEP since there was no reference to the current outbreak of EHD on the NJ DEP website.

I referenced the high antlerless allocations in 5C simply to point out that high antlerless harvests year after year can have a greater effect on the herd than sporadic outbreaks of EHD.
This mornings Morning Call, A danielsville farmer who raises deer lost 89 of his deer to EHD through the month of august. Its on the front page. Thats just on the other side of the mountain from me.
pats102862 is offline  
Old 09-16-2011, 02:59 PM
  #23  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,879
Default

Here is the link to the article on EHD in PA.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/outdoors...,6463707.story .

Since the experts claim EHD is only transmitted by midges,it is surprising that the farmer lost so many deer while there was no significant reports of the loss of wild deer in the surrounding area.
bluebird2 is offline  
Old 09-16-2011, 03:45 PM
  #24  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Carbon County Pa.
Posts: 601
Default

Originally Posted by bluebird2 View Post
Here is the link to the article on EHD in PA.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/outdoors...,6463707.story .

Since the experts claim EHD is only transmitted by midges,it is surprising that the farmer lost so many deer while there was no significant reports of the loss of wild deer in the surrounding area.
I would think those deer were in confined to a small area.
pats102862 is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 02:40 PM
  #25  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,879
Default

But didn't the experts say that EHD isn't transmitted from deer to deer and that it was only transmitted by the midges? If that were true there should have been significant impacts in other areas of 5C and 5D with high deer densities.
bluebird2 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 06:35 PM
  #26  
Typical Buck
Thread Starter
 
NJheadhunter71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 575
Default Its official!

Reports from my property are, no deer, no deer and no deer. A couple of doe pics in 2 weeks. No real sign or prints on our property in 2 weeks!! Looks like I'm hunting somewhere else this year.
NJheadhunter71 is offline  
Old 09-24-2011, 08:19 PM
  #27  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Carbon County Pa.
Posts: 601
Default

Originally Posted by bluebird2 View Post
But didn't the experts say that EHD isn't transmitted from deer to deer and that it was only transmitted by the midges? If that were true there should have been significant impacts in other areas of 5C and 5D with high deer densities.
The midges dont have to look very hard for a deer to infect when you have 89 of them trapped in a pen.
pats102862 is offline  
Old 09-25-2011, 05:07 AM
  #28  
DV1
Spike
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10
Default

We got hit pretty hard with it in Salem county too, some areas wiped out. I have several cameras running with little to no activity.
DV1 is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 08:53 AM
  #29  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 385
Default

Don't worry, Obama care will take care of it.

the blur is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.