Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Saw a Albino/piebald last night >

Saw a Albino/piebald last night

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Saw a Albino/piebald last night

Old 08-05-2003, 10:27 AM

Default Saw a Albino/piebald last night

Last season on opening day we saw a nearly perfect albino doe. One brown spot on her side almost right on her vitals she stayed 300 plus yards away last year.

Well just last night I saw her again 500 yards away on top of a fence row on the next farm over where we can' t hunt. I can' t wait to have the video camera with me next time out to get some pics to download. I plan on trying to get the land owner' s permission this year and if so I plan to make her my magnificent obsession. (you know the one you wait for all year to come by your stand) Maybe have to even consider a mount because of the albinism.
Just awesome to see had to tell it somewhere it would be appreciated..
Old 08-05-2003, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Saw a Albino/piebald last night

its a piebald if it has a brown spot.....still rare and cool to see....i seen a few when i was little spotlighting....stick out like a sore thumb with normal deer around....id love to see some pics...there so cool looking...good luck on tagging her.....
Old 08-05-2003, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

saw a buck like that one year in v.a., he was out near the road with some does. stopped the car, made a fawn bleat sound, and actually had him walking to the vehicle, wished i had had a camera then.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mauser' s right, if it has any brown on it, it' s not an albino. In fact a deer can be completely white and still not be an albino. If it doesn' t have pink eyes, hooves and ears, it' s just white.

Still a great trophy if you can get her in doe range. I hunted a piebald two years ago exclusively. I passed up many a buck, some real shooters hoping she' d come in range. I saw her 5 times and she always beat me, like a real ghost. I hadn' t seen her since.

Good luck on her and post the pic if you get the opp.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:55 AM

Good luck on tagging her, sounds like a deer worth waiting for.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:27 AM

When I was twelve and my buddy and I were on our first hunt where we got to go without tagging along with an adult we saw one in WV. Being young I didn' t shot because I didn' t know if I could or not. Now everytime I go with that same buddy he always reminds me how I let that one walk. Bet the shot as she passed me wasn' t 15 yards. I' d love to have that chance back. Good luck in getting yours.
B