Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Doe Applications >

PA Doe Applications

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Doe Applications

Old 08-01-2003, 05:28 PM

Default PA Doe Applications

I am alittle confused as to the date when we are allowed to apply fo doe licenses?.....I have heard the 2nd and the 4th....I think it is the 4th...which is it???...thanks guys.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Doe Applications

You' ll be fine to MAIL them tomorrow.......they start accepting them for allocation Monday the 4th at PGC Headquarters in Harrisburg. (I actually put mine in the mail this afternoon.....)

Always a stressful time for me! Fill out both sides, sign here, don' t forget the postage, print in all capitals.......stick your left leg in, take your left leg out, and shake it all about.

Even after I triple and quadruple check that whole thing I still get psyched out.[X(]
Old 08-01-2003, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sent mine this morning before the wife and son dragged me to Sesame Place. It was a close thing...in all the rush this morning I almost forgot to send it out.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

the first day they will start to accept them is monday aug 4th...if they get them any sooner your out of luck and will get it back in the mail....ive been on vacation....i gota get my hunting liscesnse tomarow and fill out the doe forms and have it all sent out so its on its way to harrisburg tomarow so its there monday or so we hope..it dont matter....we usually make second round too...i think dad made 3rd round last year...this year will be interesting though...and i agree...make sure you check it all and follow the directions....my cousins stepdad forgot the return stamp and they didnt get their doe liscense that year...
Old 08-02-2003, 04:47 AM

it' s 6:30 am saturday august 2nd and like i do every year the saturday before they start accepting apps i' m heading out to the mail; box to put my application in so they' ll get it monday , don' t forget to put the right wmu sticker on it !! and it goes to harrisburg this year too!!
Old 08-02-2003, 08:17 AM

When is the non-resident permits avaiable aug.18 2003?Was looking to get back into pa. this year would like to hunt that early m/l season in oct. Last time I hunted PA was back in 1995 my property was located off of rt 247 in wayne county up near honesdale but I do see that the regulations did change from then.Think I will apply for the non- resident lic. then apply for the anterless permit if denided then I would not apply for the m/l stamp then I would just hunt the regular big game season with my flinter. I do have freinds that have property up in monroe county so that where the anterlees deer permit I will try for.What is nice about pa is that if you are refused a permit theywill return your money n.y.s. should learn from them.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:44 AM

Thanks guys, I found it in the book this morning....if I send in Monday I should still be able to get a tag right??
Old 08-02-2003, 05:18 PM

I sent in all three of our applications in one envelope this year. One for my husband, my first year deer hunting daughter and one for me. I remembered to circle the 3 on the front too. I know what you mean Matt, you look at it and do the check list and look at it again, you' d think it contains a winning lottery ticket or something with the stress involved!

Good luck everybody!
Old 08-03-2003, 03:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I sent mine friday. But be careful with the stickers they supply you that dont stick. Dont tape over the bar codes. They will give you grace this year.If they arrive Sunday they aint going to throw them out. They have special huge area just for the permits to be stored till monday. I' m in a special regs area which is giving out 66,000 permits,so I will have plenty to buy over the counter on August 25th. My other choice is giving out 60,000. The road in front of my house is a dividing line between 2 units. Really stinks. Can hunt the front lawn ,but not the back yard with the same permit
Old 08-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good point about those mailing labels Bob. Mine almost came off before I was able to mail it. I put a piece of tape on it this year but next year it is getting the elmer' s....

On a related note I heard some great stories from guys when I was working down at the shop on Saturday and writing out all of the licenses. Probably the best one was that the Game Commission was not going to accept any doe tag apps if they were postmarked before Monday.

Quick Reply: PA Doe Applications

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.