Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Delaware Rut

Old 11-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Delaware Rut

Anyone on here from DE that has any field reports on the rut activity? I saw my first sign yesterday around 0730...large 8pt tracking the ground for what I assumed was a recent doe passing through. He didnt respond to my grunts and briefly paused when I bleated..but then continued following the scent trail. If he would have came 20 yards more I would have had a broadside 40yrd wide open shot!
Old 11-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Fork Horn

I guess the DE hunter are not gonna post on this thread just read...so here is the latest...last 2 nights seen Bucks following does. Havent seen any attempt to mount yet...did watch 6pt this morning clean out a scrape. Think we are def still in chase phase...some does are sure to turn hot in next couple days. Have not seen neck wounds or broken tips on any bucks I have seen yet. I did get a 6pt to respond to loud rattle bag for about 45 secs followed up by grunts from 2 diff calls. He came in looking for fight...but stayed on edges for what i think was the doe he expected to be "unguarded"...more 2 follow..taking duaghter out in AM for youth hunt.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

i live in smyrna and drive to bear everyday. ive seen alot of rut activity on the road looking in fields seen a large buck the other day trotting along head down he was on a doe for sure. ive only been in the woods once this year ( i dont like heat) i cant wait till tommorow opening day of shotgun. good luck
Old 11-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

hunt near bridgeville and salisbury. they have been chasing does pretty hard. i had a spike mount a doe on trail cam 11/7. ive seen bucks out in the open chasing does everyday except yesterday and today.