Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Looking for Western PA land to hunt >

Looking for Western PA land to hunt

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Looking for Western PA land to hunt

Old 08-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Fork Horn

did not intend to get off topic just did not want to see a fellow hunter waste his tims scouting areas where deer are very scarce. look to the PGH area public land is very limited and thats why the area has deer and grows big bucks so knock on doors and keep knocking anything else east of the burgh is a wasteland until you hit the Philly and Pocano area and its posted land.

Last edited by bowhunter2117; 08-09-2010 at 02:48 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:52 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sits in trees
it's guy's like you that make hunting forums suck
how about helping a fellow hunter post a few of your spots in western pa or at least what gamelands or state forest you have found that still have good deer numbers i would love to see your response
Old 08-09-2010, 06:23 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Always good to get both sides of the story written rather than implied. Debate is always healthy.

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers......

JW
Old 08-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bowhunter2117
how about helping a fellow hunter post a few of your spots in western pa or at least what gamelands or state forest you have found that still have good deer numbers i would love to see your response

Mike,I've personally invited you up to a number of times.I've also been contacted on more than one occassion by members on here asking where to hunt.A few years ago,a guy on here from around Lancaster sent me a PM.I I met up with him on a sunday and showed him about 6 different spots on public land.He made several more trips up prior to the season to scout.That fall,he called me at work to tell me they were dragging a deer out for his 80 year old father during the early season.Him and his brother each killed a doe that week with muzzleloaders.all on public land.I haven't heard from him since last year but i know they still make the trip up every year.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DougE
Mike,I've personally invited you up to a number of times.I've also been contacted on more than one occassion by members on here asking where to hunt.A few years ago,a guy on here from around Lancaster sent me a PM.I I met up with him on a sunday and showed him about 6 different spots on public land.He made several more trips up prior to the season to scout.That fall,he called me at work to tell me they were dragging a deer out for his 80 year old father during the early season.Him and his brother each killed a doe that week with muzzleloaders.all on public land.I haven't heard from him since last year but i know they still make the trip up every year.
doug i was not refering to you sorry if you took it that way and yes you have invited me and with my new car i just may make the trip this year is tl still on an earn a buck tag type program
Old 08-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I honestly couldn't tell you.I resigned from the wildlife committe last fall and really haven't had any involvement since.However,I imagine it's still the same.

I was hoping to be out of TL completely by Sept.I was set to close on a house and some property Sept 9th out in the middle of no where but the appraisal came in lower than the guy was asking and it looks like the deal will fall through.