Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Food Plot Question??? >

Food Plot Question???

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Food Plot Question???

Old 04-02-2010, 02:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

The time for a feeder if U have the luxury of maintaining one is after deer season and in the heavy weather for maintenance of your herd. I am not one ot get in on a bait/plot argument. Both have pros and cons to use. My only thought is w/ a plot, I do not have to keep loading it, I can grow it at my camp 4 hours away and it benefits all kinds of animals year round. There is a point there about synchronizing your hunting ability w/ the feeder going off at 3:30 everyday though.
Buck Hunter you mean if I drop my loli pop while sitting in my stand licking it, I got to climb the whole way down to retrieve it???
JBuck, do you remember the black licorice scented (proably an anise of some sort) lollipops about 6 inches wide and 10 inches long that were in a tin pan they were selling for a while? I was told this was bait by a GW and he would arrest me if i had them hanging on a tree. Yet I could eat black licorice in my stand all day, drop it on the ground and not be bothered? Go figure, I just keep to scouting and looking for the deer movement by the season and then I don't worry about that stuff. My food plots are small and in patches all over my ground.