Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Harvest #'s Down >

Harvest #'s Down

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Harvest #'s Down

Old 03-25-2010, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default Harvest #'s Down

Of course they continue to fall. They are slowly wiping out the whole herd.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

what happened to slaughter predicted by A LOT of this crew from the Xbow? Man I thought we wqere going to see blood everywhere listening and reading this site when Xbow was "inflicted" on the compound traditional guys!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WillPA
Of course they continue to fall. They are slowly wiping out the whole herd.

Time to hunt out of state. PA may have it's head up its backside but there's alot of good deer hunting around us.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's Obama's fault.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
It's Obama's fault.
No its not but it is mainly the fault of the same type of people who voted for him. Pike
Old 03-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Buck Hunter 1
what happened to slaughter predicted by A LOT of this crew from the Xbow? Man I thought we wqere going to see blood everywhere listening and reading this site when Xbow was "inflicted" on the compound traditional guys!
The crossbow didnt explode in popularity in PA. during the first year just like it didnt in OH. the first year., Just remember you have 300,000 bow hunters after the crossbow was made le
gal, but very few prior!! PA. had 300,000 bow hunters prior to the crossbow, In 5 years the majority of our bow hunters will be hunting with crossbows just the majority of OH. bow hunters. Pike
Old 03-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

> Just remember you have 300,000 bow hunters after the crossbow was made le
gal, but very few prior!!

There were actually tons and tons of guys hunting with x-bows before PA made them legal statewide. 30% of 2B, 5C and 5D archery season harvests were by x-bows. In the rest of PA the figure was around 15%. The GC has had to issue something like 60,000 handicapped permits allowing x-bows. Guys who wanted to hunt with x-bows were already do so via "handicap" permits.

PA has a long history of "bow" hunting. X-bows were made legal from the get go in OH. I expect the perctage to rise in PA but I doubt it ends up as high as the 60% in OH.

WV Gino
Old 03-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

I think this is more of a problem of shooting too many does.

Simple............

After 34 years of hunting in PA I am for the 2nd time going out of state during the first week in November to hunt the RUT elsewhere. Makes me sick to think at how it used to be and I can't see a single tiny difference in our forest lands other than there are just no deer now.

Great. We kill every deer to save the forests, now the deer are gone and the forests look the same.

12 year experiment failed.......There is still time left to fix it!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see the forests and the habitat recovering to varying degrees in every area where I hunt.We have areas where every timber sale had to be fenced and know they don't.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WillPA
After 34 years of hunting in PA I am for the 2nd time going out of state during the first week in November to hunt the RUT elsewhere.
That's ashame. I hunted the first week of Nov last year and saw 3 bucks over 105" in under an hour...the biggest was pushing 140" gross....I think I'll be in that tree again come november

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.