Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
pa deer roadkill >

pa deer roadkill

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pa deer roadkill

Old 02-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
The problem could be solved by forceably reducing the human population of PA by 75 percent. Then you would have far fewer deer/auto accidents AND the success ratio for deer hunters would be so high that they would quit complaining. That is, until the first time that they fail to get a big buck two hours into opening day and so decide that another conspiracy is at work
lanse, you would not believe the number of people claiming they hit a deer or swerved to miss a deer that are not true.
i know some that took deer hair and put behind chrome on car to show that a deer they hit.
many ,many women drove off road fixing their eyebrows and lips and tekking while driving and blamed it on DEER.........
Old 02-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

on a recent trip to grices gun shop in clearfield, from state college to our destination, i counted 8 heading west, and 6 heading east on the trip back...makes me want to hunt along 80 this year
Old 02-25-2010, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

over Pres. weekend I drove round trip from Mt Pocono west on Rt 80 to Clarion (about 200 miles each way) on 3 day old snow...I saw a total of 6 sets of deer tracks an they were all within 5 miles of Pennfield!
YEP I'd say the state is over run with deer and let's keep the million a year anterless tags (cash) flowing into the PGC!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

WOW

what a set of eyes you have there for a guy well into his 80's
to be able to count deer tracks from inside a vehicle on an interstate
traveling 70 mph

WV Gino
Old 02-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Why thank you !!...I'm old,yes but my eyes aren't thanks to laser surgery...and OH yes I drive 55 mph on Rt 80 just to pizz off young pups in a hurry!!!
BTW my MOM was driving
Old 02-25-2010, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by WV Gino
WOW

what a set of eyes you have there for a guy well into his 80's
to be able to count deer tracks from inside a vehicle on an interstate
traveling 70 mph

WV Gino
gino, now that was not very nice thing to say.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bowfly
on a recent trip to grices gun shop in clearfield, from state college to our destination, i counted 8 heading west, and 6 heading east on the trip back...makes me want to hunt along 80 this year
the area you observed is full of FARMS.i used to drive that area everyday.i never saw as many as you ,i would see 1 or 2 maybe or as high as 4 for a week of driving.

those farms is where deer are not in the big woods........some big racks on bucks too.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pats102862
Then HR is doing its job with the human/deer conflicts.
I have to retract this statement. I just read an article were Pa. is #1 in auto deer collisions, with michigan #2 Illinois #3
Old 02-27-2010, 08:17 AM
Banned

Pa Game Commissions Jerry Feaser in a fairly recent edition of Pa outdoor news replied to that finding by stating its a completely meaningless statistic. Said it was a product of having a high human pop. state, more roads than many others, etc.

Said the stat was one given each year from insurance companies to draw attention to their companies more than anything else.

For once, pgc didnt lie. Thank you Jerry.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Pa Game Commissions Jerry Feaser in a fairly recent edition of Pa outdoor news replied to that finding by stating its a completely meaningless statistic. Said it was a product of having a high human pop. state, more roads than many others, etc.

Said the stat was one given each year from insurance companies to draw attention to their companies more than anything else.

For once, pgc didnt lie. Thank you Jerry.

Here's an interesting little fact. Ohio is virtually par equal to PA in square miles, human population and roads.

If they have so many more deer I wonder why they aint number 1 instead of PA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.