Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Guess who loves Pa deer management >

Guess who loves Pa deer management

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Guess who loves Pa deer management

Old 02-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

And all those activities stop during hunting season. Starve the PGC of funds and they will have every right as hunters to use the land during hunting season when the DNCR takes over. I think the PGC needs some changes as much as the next guy , but I'am not willing to cut off my nose to spite my face. That is what some people are doing by thinking they will bring the PGC to their knees by not buying a tag., or supporting additional funding.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Banned

"And all those activities stop during hunting season."
And it wouldnt be one bit different if dcnr was in charge for safety reasons.

I think the PGC needs some changes as much as the next guy , but I'am not willing to cut off my nose to spite my face.
Neither am i. Because we are a long ways off from dcnr "taking over" and currently its not even an option. And in my opinion, neither should be a fee increase. No way. No how. Change first. Then we'll talk. Till then, pgc can go to....

Course you dont have to worry pats. Pgc is coming into a TON of cash according to the legislative budget & finance committee report on pgc & the marcellus shale deal. HUGE projections. 700,000,000 plus, in only 4 state game lands in northeast Pa. Thats considering they hold 24% of mineral rights according to roe, and estimate from budget & finances committee that those gamelands are projected to produce over $3 billion. And that doesnt even take into account the rest of the states gamelands! If you havent read it id suggest you do so. You might think twice about your concern of giving another 20 a year so pgc can wipe their butt with it. lol... And of course they still have 39 mil. in the reserve account. So theyve got another day or two before living out of a shopping cart. lol.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 02-19-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:22 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by pats102862
And all those activities stop during hunting season. Starve the PGC of funds and they will have every right as hunters to use the land during hunting season when the DNCR takes over. I think the PGC needs some changes as much as the next guy , but I'am not willing to cut off my nose to spite my face. That is what some people are doing by thinking they will bring the PGC to their knees by not buying a tag., or supporting additional funding.

Till they get shot or ruins one hunt. You can bet if they ever allowed that,there will be alot of incidents. They get enough funding . They just need reminded who they are employed by.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:34 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08

Course you dont have to worry pats. Pgc is coming into a TON of cash according to the legislative budget & finance committee report on pgc & the marcellus shale deal. HUGE projections. 700,000,000 plus, in only 4 state game lands in northeast Pa. Thats considering they hold 24% of mineral rights according to roe, and estimate from budget & finances committee that those gamelands are projected to produce over $3 billion. And that doesnt even take into account the rest of the states gamelands! If you havent read it id suggest you do so. You might think twice about your concern of giving another 20 a year so pgc can wipe their butt with it. lol... And of course they still have 39 mil. in the reserve account. So theyve got another day or two before living out of a shopping cart. lol.

If thats the case, then hunters won't be driving the PGC to their knees for more deer anytime soon.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
And it wouldnt be one bit different if dcnr was in charge for safety reasons.

Neither am i. Because we are a long ways off from dcnr "taking over" and currently its not even an option. And in my opinion, neither should be a fee increase. No way. No how. Change first. Then we'll talk. Till then, pgc can go to....

Thats sounds like very good news If the projections come true, then the PGC will be able to continue to manage the deer herd responsibly without worrying about losing the one day wonders who get discouraged because they actually have to hunt now.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

then the PGC will be able to continue to manage the deer herd responsibly without worrying about losing the one day wonders who get discouraged because they actually have to hunt now
that is exactly the type of statement that we don't need made. I would probably guess that the vast majority of hunters or $$ spent on PA hunting is from what I would call a casual hunter. That type of rhetoric you spout BTB does nothing to bring a hunter who has other responsibilities in life like work and family that have to come before before a leisure time sport into the ranks of game management suporters. If anything you turn people off by your arrogance. Of course you have been a supporter of exclusion of certain hunting types all along.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Buck Hunter 1
that is exactly the type of statement that we don't need made. I would probably guess that the vast majority of hunters or $$ spent on PA hunting is from what I would call a casual hunter. That type of rhetoric you spout BTB does nothing to bring a hunter who has other responsibilities in life like work and family that have to come before before a leisure time sport into the ranks of game management suporters. If anything you turn people off by your arrogance. Of course you have been a supporter of exclusion of certain hunting types all along.
Completely untrue. I have never supported the exclusion of any types of hunters (except maybe those who dont follow the laws)

As for the casual hunter, I welcome every one. every one who can accept the fact that hunting is hunting and not an artificially mismanaged one day shooting gallery as we once had.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

let's see hunt a posted private lease...... an then welcome all one day wonder hunters to hunt all season anywhere but your posted place....yep just the type comment that drives the death wedge
Old 02-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

Is there anyone inane enough to believe a word Roe says anymore...he must have Obama blood in him!!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:04 AM
Banned

Is there anyone inane enough to believe a word Roe says anymore
No.

he must have Obama blood in him!!!!
Roe makes Obama look like Honest Abe by comparison.

Pats says:If thats the case, then hunters won't be driving the PGC to their knees for more deer anytime soon.
Thats the way it looks....Unless of course legislators hold up the process with technicalities etc. before the lion share of the drilling commences. Even then, with the current increases in drilling + the 40 mil in reserve... I dont like our odds of squeezing them into submission. I wouldnt stop at the moment for sure though, and I would strongly suggest to legislators to restructure the agency to a much more responsive & hunter friendly format. Curative legislation. Time to do it is now. Decisions made now will be effecting us for a long time to come one way or the other.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.