Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa hunters need to form a TEA PARTY >

Pa hunters need to form a TEA PARTY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa hunters need to form a TEA PARTY

Old 01-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default Pa hunters need to form a TEA PARTY

Pa hunters have seen what Tea Party did to the high and mighty Democrats now time has come to form our own TEA PARTY and demand action from our Legislators!
* DEMAND Legislators to take over the PGC and restore deer numbers where habitat will support them
* DEMAND no anterless permits/hunts outside of over populated areas...such as Philly, for 2 years
**** Do not buy another BACK TAG until this folly of a herd reduction is dropped...the PGC cannot operate without cash..HIT THEM where it hurts!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Who are you going to recruit for this reveloution, The same hunters who buy every tag they can get their hands on and when they cant fill every one, complain how they are getting the shaft.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

I'm pushing for no one to buy a hunting lisc. at all next year 2010...if only 5% don't buy one the PGC will be on it's knees!
Good point though about meat hunters...they buy 1/2 dz tags in 5C and fill them all and they're kids and buddies do the same...then keep the loins and feed the meat to their dogs!I work with 2 guys like that...

Watch the name calling!

JW

Last edited by JW; 01-26-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Flaming
Old 01-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Potterco
I'm pushing for no one to buy a hunting lisc. at all next year 2010...if only 5% don't buy one the PGC will be on it's knees!

Then the DNCR will be calling the shots. I don't think we really want that. The best thing to do is don't partisipate in the HR if that is the goal for next season. Unfourtanely, asking some hunters to refrain from filling multiple tags is like setting a bag of illegal drugs on a table and telling a drug addict not to shoot up. Its not going to happen.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great Plan.Let the legislators take over.Why not?It works good in New Jersey.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Banned

Only the legislators can cure what ails us currently.

As for dcnr/dnr type system...Its not my first choice, but not one i fear. It works all across the nation. Its also not the only alternative.

1st choice? Restructure the existing pgc.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-26-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

If any company alienated it's customers like the PGC has theirs it would be near bankruptcy too!
It's time we whom finance them DEMAND our will be had, if that means bringing the PGC to it's knees so be it.
I ask this : How much worse could it be with another agency at the helm?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Banned

If you havent already, Id strongly urge you to start by emailing these reps on the house fish & game committee, and having anyone and everyone you know do likewise by emailing them writing or calling. Tell them you dont support a fee increase for pgc, tell them why, and some things youd like to see to fix this situation. Some pretty good people on that committee and its up to them to permit that fee increase. They will also have to be instrumental in just about any fixing of our situation.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...?cde=18&body=H
Old 01-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Potterco
If any company alienated it's customers like the PGC has theirs it would be near bankruptcy too!

The problem with that is we are not customers, we are a wildlife management tool that pays to manage the wildlife for the state. If hunters don't do it, it will get done by other means and we will be out of the equation. I don't think it is in our best interest not to be part of the wildlife management of this state.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by pats102862
The problem with that is we are not customers, we are a wildlife management tool that pays to manage the wildlife for the state. If hunters don't do it, it will get done by other means and we will be out of the equation. I don't think it is in our best interest not to be part of the wildlife management of this state.

Actually Pats, I think we're kinda both. For now that is. We are the tools that provide management but right now we pay the bills too. If we refuse to pay the bills and at the same time resist helping manage the deer properly we could well find ourselves on the outside looking in. Starving the PGC into taking general funds or being absorbed into DCNR will just give the naysayers more of what they already don't like. I really wish they could see past the fact that they have to work a little harder to see a deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.