Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa hunters need to form a TEA PARTY >

Pa hunters need to form a TEA PARTY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa hunters need to form a TEA PARTY

Old 01-28-2010, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

I buy a back tag every year rather than the lifetime combo because I felt why no add my cash to the PGC if I can afford it ...but I've bought my last tag of any sort in Pa last year...those boobs don't have my support and they're going to need to trail me around my place to see if I am hunting without one...just to pizz them off!
Old 01-28-2010, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yes, and put politicians who have no clue about the biology of the game or environment in charge, all they'll do is push their big anti gun, anti hunting agenda. That's real smart.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

If I thought it would help to bring deer numbers back I'd put Monkey Boy at the head of the PGC
Old 01-28-2010, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know, threads like this constantly remind me of how most "hunters" in this state have lost site of the fact of why we "hunt" period.

Do I support a license fee increase? Not really. Where is my money going? What is it used for? However, if they did raise the fee, it is money well spent for me. I hunt, a lot and paying the 50 some dollars I do now for all my tags, etc., sure beats sitting at home or at a bar and is pretty cheap "entertainment" for me. Spread that 50 dollars across three months. You do the math.

Sure, I'm not overly joyed by the declining deer numbers we're seeing and I feel that something will eventually have to give. I think the AR's have helped quite a bit across the state and want to see that continue.

But the guys that are on here, day in and day out complaining that they're not seeing the deer they used to, the PGC is corrupt, etc.,....save your 50 dollars and go to the grocery store and buy beef. I seriously doubt that any of us will starve if we don't get a deer or multiple deer each year.

I think the PGC has issues and I believe that some of the DMP is flawed and really needs looked at. However, I love hunting and will continue to buy a license each season and hit the woods.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Muzzy you have every right to your opinions and I agree with several of them but you need to remember that others have as much right to theirs as well. We all love to hunt an enjoy the outdoors and most of the sportsmen/women I know never gripe about the cost of a back tag and all the add ons. What they do gripe about is the fact the the PGC does not listen to the majority of sportsmen in the state when we tell them there are problems. they blow us off as half baked lazy bums who frequent bars by noon opening day of hunting season and cry in our beer. Granted some do that but what about the rest of us? Shouldn't we have a say if we don't feel the PGC has taken the HRs too far in some areas? Shouldn't we voice our opinions too? Shouldn't we feel betrayed by Board Commisioners whom are now appointed to the position rather than voted in by the sportsmen to represent us...you remember "US" the rank n file whom pay the bills day in and day out only to have the PGC listen to other orgs not putting one cent into the pot?
The fact the PGC needs rate hikes isn't questioned by most, but were now using it to get what we want...just as other orgs such as dcnr has done as well.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Potterco
Muzzy you have every right to your opinions and I agree with several of them but you need to remember that others have as much right to theirs as well. We all love to hunt an enjoy the outdoors and most of the sportsmen/women I know never gripe about the cost of a back tag and all the add ons. What they do gripe about is the fact the the PGC does not listen to the majority of sportsmen in the state when we tell them there are problems. they blow us off as half baked lazy bums who frequent bars by noon opening day of hunting season and cry in our beer. Granted some do that but what about the rest of us? Shouldn't we have a say if we don't feel the PGC has taken the HRs too far in some areas? Shouldn't we voice our opinions too? Shouldn't we feel betrayed by Board Commisioners whom are now appointed to the position rather than voted in by the sportsmen to represent us...you remember "US" the rank n file whom pay the bills day in and day out only to have the PGC listen to other orgs not putting one cent into the pot?
The fact the PGC needs rate hikes isn't questioned by most, but were now using it to get what we want...just as other orgs such as dcnr has done as well.

When were the BOC's ever voted in by the sportsmen?
Old 01-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Banned

I think he was saying they SHOULD be, and i agree.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
I think he was saying they SHOULD be, and i agree.

He said they're NOW being appointed.when weren't they?