Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Anyone going to the PA sports/ outdoor show? >

Anyone going to the PA sports/ outdoor show?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone going to the PA sports/ outdoor show?

Old 01-26-2010, 04:11 AM
  #1  
Typical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Screamin Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location:
Posts: 659
Default Anyone going to the PA sports/ outdoor show?

Hoping to make it up myself....I usually find some good show specials...and nothing quite like walking into an arena with 200+ guys blowing turkey and duck calls at the same time. It's a religious experience! LOL
Screamin Steel is offline  
Old 01-26-2010, 07:36 AM
  #2  
Giant Nontypical
 
BTBowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SW PA USA
Posts: 7,220
Default

Originally Posted by Screamin Steel View Post
Hoping to make it up myself....I usually find some good show specials...and nothing quite like walking into an arena with 200+ guys blowing turkey and duck calls at the same time. It's a religious experience! LOL
Got friends coming in from Illinois just to see the show this year. A buddy from WV will be with us too Looks like we'll have a three state gang there Wed or Thurs.
BTBowhunter is offline  
Old 01-26-2010, 07:46 AM
  #3  
Typical Buck
 
glew22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SE PA
Posts: 657
Default

If you're going to be there the 13th or 14th stop by qdma's booth. I'm going to do a seminar on patterning individual bucks using trail cameras, as well as an intro to the 4 cornerstones of QDM (herd management, herd monitoring, habitat management, and hunter management). There's a bunch of other seminars throughout the week, and a lot of knowledgeable guys there to answer any and all questions.
glew22 is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 10:39 AM
  #4  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: PA.
Posts: 5,195
Default show

the price to get in 12 dollars and parking fee, i think 5 dollars is just plain AWFUL.then prices are expensive, you can do better on net........
we used to all load up in trucks and go and this year i have not found 1 person in my area that is going.parking fee should be enough .......
if economy was great , i could see it but things are not very good.i really miss going too........
sproulman is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 10:41 AM
  #5  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: PA.
Posts: 5,195
Default

Originally Posted by glew22 View Post
If you're going to be there the 13th or 14th stop by qdma's booth. I'm going to do a seminar on patterning individual bucks using trail cameras, as well as an intro to the 4 cornerstones of QDM (herd management, herd monitoring, habitat management, and hunter management). There's a bunch of other seminars throughout the week, and a lot of knowledgeable guys there to answer any and all questions.

i would go if BTB could speak on deer hunting
sproulman is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 10:59 AM
  #6  
Giant Nontypical
 
BTBowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SW PA USA
Posts: 7,220
Default

Originally Posted by sproulman View Post
i would go if BTB could speak on deer hunting

LOL! Thanks Sproul. They tried to book me but they didnt want to pay enuff!
BTBowhunter is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 01:11 PM
  #7  
Fork Horn
 
Bow-4-It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tioga, Pa
Posts: 456
Default

Going with my Dad, probably the last day or possibly during the week. We've been going for many years. It's sort of a tradition, plus we visit with our friend that owns the lodge in Canada where we've going fishing the last 18 years.
Bow-4-It is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 02:38 PM
  #8  
Spike
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 42
Default

It cost to get in now? When did this happen?
Tony_Loyd is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 02:41 PM
  #9  
Giant Nontypical
 
BTBowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SW PA USA
Posts: 7,220
Default

Originally Posted by Tony_Loyd View Post
It cost to get in now? When did this happen?

Always did ever since I can remember.
BTBowhunter is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 02:47 PM
  #10  
Spike
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 42
Default

I havent been to one in about 10 to 15 years and I don't remember a fee to enter it.
Also had free parking. Things change I guess.
Tony_Loyd is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.