Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Anyone going to the PA sports/ outdoor show? >

Anyone going to the PA sports/ outdoor show?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone going to the PA sports/ outdoor show?

Old 01-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes tony, it changed a lot.i used to get free tickets about 10 because we had booth there back in 90s.
i was shocked to see 12 dollars to get in and 5 to park,unreal.......
you will not find any great deals there and its very hard to move around unless you go more in evenings.

i miss going but i used the 100 dollars i would spend to go to buy a summit 180 max climbing treestand.i was sitting in yard today in summit watching the hillside and testing it out.
i never in my life sat in something so comfortable as this stand.
if you live close , the 12 dollars would still bother me but i would most likely go but throw in gas/food /weather etc,i had better place to use my money this year on that summit stand.

i am so happy in this stand, so far.i was worried that i could not take a ladderstand seat much longer and would have to hunt off ground in my outhouse blind.this summit seat is just OUTSTANDING .........take care sproul
Old 01-28-2010, 03:47 AM
Spike

Default pa sports show

Use to go with family from wva prices now to high GOV. has taken our money an everyone seems to be trying to make all there money in one day. was a nice place to go. I really miss going there. it was a great adventure
Old 01-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to mention the fact that it's the same old tired show every year. They don't even try to move the exhibitors around to give the impression that it's different.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

I think the parking fee is $8.00 but if you park at Bass Pro store they'll shuttle you for free. And Cabelas in Hamburg gives you a $3 parking discount pass if you ask for it.
Show is same old same old and the show specials aren't too special these days.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Potterco
I think the parking fee is $8.00 but if you park at Bass Pro store they'll shuttle you for free. And Cabelas in Hamburg gives you a $3 parking discount pass if you ask for it.
Thanks PotterCo...I was just going to mention Bass Pro...That's how we do it. Take you right up to the front door of the Farm show and take you back...i think you also get a coupon for use at bass pro....my favorite store!!!! I'd reccomend that highly to everyone going. Makes your day much more enjoyable! (And a few bucks cheaper!)
Old 01-28-2010, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know how the vendors can make a buck or why they bother coming to the show at all. When you look at the fees they must pay for a space/prking etc
Old 01-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

THIS WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO HAVE YALL'S TEA PARTY MEETING AGAINST THE STATE TO HELP YALLS DEER POPULATION...JUST NEED SOMEONE TO LET EM HANG AND GET UP THERE WITH A MIC AND HOLLA OUT INTO THE CROWD AND SEE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS. YOU CAN JUST GET ON HERE AND WHINE ABOUT IT, OR GET OUT AND DO SOMETHING BOUT IT..SHOULDN'T BE HARD TO GET ALL YOU pA GUYS ON HERE TOGETHER , DONT WEAR CAMMO, CAUSE EVERYONE WILL BE ALREADY..INSTEAD USE WHITE SHIRTS OR SOMETHING SO YALL CAN MEET.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Potterco
8 dollars, wow then 12 to get in and having kids along.unreal is all i can say.thats 20 dollars to start.we used to be mixed up inside on our booth areas, like fishing, turkey call and camping.
now THEY PUT EVERYONE IN SAME AREA LIKE ALL TURKEY CALLS IN 1 AREA.this cut our profits in half by doing this.

we used to set up 150 seats for bass seminar.guess what boat dealers did, cut those seats down to like 50 all crowded tight together.disgusting.

i miss it but so many things have gone wrong with that show.like said i know of no one going from my area but i bet they will still pack the place.some throw money around and dont care. i see 300 dollar treestands still sitting out on publicland here in my hunting area for last 2 yrs.they did not even show up this year.
300 dollar stands there rusting away.
i see it every year, hundreds of dollars thrown towards hunting thinking that will get them a deer .

unreal.........
Old 01-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

halfbaked, HEY YALL WE Yanks DONE NEEDS ALLTHE HEP WES KAN GETZ Y KNOT GRAB THE GATOR BY DE TAIL AND GETZ UP HERZ ANHEP UZ OUT?
Old 01-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
THIS WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO HAVE YALL'S TEA PARTY MEETING AGAINST THE STATE TO HELP YALLS DEER POPULATION...JUST NEED SOMEONE TO LET EM HANG AND GET UP THERE WITH A MIC AND HOLLA OUT INTO THE CROWD AND SEE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS. YOU CAN JUST GET ON HERE AND WHINE ABOUT IT, OR GET OUT AND DO SOMETHING BOUT IT..SHOULDN'T BE HARD TO GET ALL YOU pA GUYS ON HERE TOGETHER , DONT WEAR CAMMO, CAUSE EVERYONE WILL BE ALREADY..INSTEAD USE WHITE SHIRTS OR SOMETHING SO YALL CAN MEET.
welcome. we have tried and been trying for at least over 10 years.there was just protest this week in harrisburg,pa .
hunters if i read are only about 2% of people in pa.
where do other 98% stand on hunting?
woods here in pa is not great for deer anymore but solution is to kill deer off then wait for longtime for forest to come back.
forest MAY comeback but the deer wont.

thats my opinion.opening up forest by cutting out dead trees and some of maples would be a great thing .burning floor of woods i feel is good thing.
both these things have been rejected by the DCNR over years.
the UNIFIED SPORTSMAN OF PA have been trying to do what they can .you can do goggle and find their site and read what they are trying to do.
take care sproul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.