Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Deer search dog service???? >

Deer search dog service????

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Deer search dog service????

Old 12-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Deer search dog service????

Long story short I hit a buck tonight. Looks like a lung hit cause there was a blood mist in a spot where the deer stopped. After that there is no blood. Day light ran out and the area is full of deer tracks so I can't tell what tracks belong to this deer.

Does anyone know of any in Central NY/Syracuse area? I knew of one guy in Tully but I was told he moved to Illinois.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck tomorrow. You probably wont sleep all that well tonight I'm sure.

Sorry, cant help with the name of a dog tracker.
If you dont find a dog, dont be discouraged. A pink mist is a good sign and a double lung hit can very well be lethal quickly with very little blood. If you dont get a dog, go very slow and when in doubt, keep to the same general line and the path of least resistance. A double lunged deer pretty much goes on a straight death run and should pile up in less than 150 yards. If you only got one lung, you did the right thing to back out. It can be lethal but can take much longer.

Good luck!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Fork Horn

try deer search.(716-648-4355) or(585-935-5220)
Old 12-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Found my buck!!

20 yards from where I found last blood last night. Double lung shot but alittle high and to the back. Lungs had to fill up before blood would drop.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SPIKEHORN11
Found my buck!!

20 yards from where I found last blood last night. Double lung shot but alittle high and to the back. Lungs had to fill up before blood would drop.

Congrats, Sometimes on those high lung shots the blood will just pool up in the chest cavity. If you're sure of the shot though you just have to stick with it. Glad you recovered him.