Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Bear season

Old 11-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

haven't been there for awhile sproul.wildman can answer that one.nice country in there.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sproul - Seems the shots we heard (at least those I heard) were south of our cabin (in the right branch of Hyner between the state park and 44 -up on top near the flat between Johnson and Blind hollows) and to the west/north west (in the Abes Fork area). No shooting at all from I'd say within a mile of our camp.
My cousin went to town on Monday evening and saw a sow and cub hanging on a meat pole in the village of Hyner, just below the park.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Fork Horn

From what I read in the Pocono Record on Wednesday after two days the statewide count was up around 2800 bears, which is about 300 more than last year. 2G, I believe, was the big getter after two days with over 800 bears I believe. Haven't heard anything about final tally's but I know the few guys I do talk to who bear hunt weren't successful. One guy I work with who does Deer Processing in the Stroudsburg area said he had 5 bears to butcher as of Tuesday late afternoon when I spoke to him via phone.

For those who did kill one, lets see some pics!
Old 11-27-2009, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by germain
haven't been there for awhile sproul.wildman can answer that one.nice country in there.

Sproul....Yes, the bar and restaurant is still up and running in Medix Run. Has hotel rooms, too. Good area to see elk in, also.
As far as Wycoff Run area, it's actually a pretty good distance from Medix Run. You gotta get on the Quehanna Highway at Medix and head up over the mountain towards Karthaus. I can't remember if it's on the Medix side or the Karthaus side of the old "Boot Camp" prison area, but a big sign along the road will show you where to turn left. You will eventually come out down near Sinnemahoning. You have probably been in the "Willows" there, too.....
Old 11-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Sproul - Seems the shots we heard (at least those I heard) were south of our cabin (in the right branch of Hyner between the state park and 44 -up on top near the flat between Johnson and Blind hollows) and to the west/north west (in the Abes Fork area). No shooting at all from I'd say within a mile of our camp.
My cousin went to town on Monday evening and saw a sow and cub hanging on a meat pole in the village of Hyner, just below the park.
from what i heard they were shot in rattlesnake run area.yes, that was francis gang who lives there.they usually get them in that hollow behind the old rangers station at park.they come in from DRY RUN to drive it.i saw bears in their pick up truck at stop light in renovo.they had 2.other 7 were in rattlesnake run area from what i heard .

i hunted drurys run and only saw 1 bear killed 115 pds little one.
2 bigones were shot behind sportsmans hotel in east renovo .a LOT of bears were shot in cooks run.