Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Listen to this Bs...NJ archery shop >

Listen to this Bs...NJ archery shop

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Listen to this Bs...NJ archery shop

Old 06-01-2003, 04:38 PM

Default Listen to this Bs...NJ archery shop

I won' t mention the shop in Central Jersey, but this guy definately lost a sale from me! I was interested in purchasing a Mathews Legacy from this shop! Obviously with accessories your talking around a grand in total for the bow! Well, I come to find out that he doesn' t like string loops and won' t tie one on! I don' t think the Mathews guys would be to happy if they heard this! So, I guess he' d rather lose a thousand dollars then tie on a string loop! Does anyone else find that this is pretty ridiculous? The sport of Archery is personal preferences, not what you want somebody else to use or not! You may not like something, but you shouldn' t lose a sale over it! Hopefully in around 5 years, I' ll be able to open a shop like i plan to and give people what they want! I' ve heard many complaints about this shop, but never realized it was like that! The problem is, there isn' t a big shop around for another 45 minutes so people feel it' s just convenient to go to him!
Old 06-01-2003, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Listen to this Bs...NJ archery shop

Actually, I have been told that due to liability risks inherant with a loop coming untied, many shops will not install them.

I have not encountered this firsthand, I tie my own loops, but I have heard this before.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:13 PM

I am not sticking up for the guy but be alittle careful. I have a custom Rifle business and if the customer wants somthing and it is not safe and I give it to him then my neck could well be on the line if things do not work out. It is not always all that easy to keep every customer happy but you got to try.

Your Friend
Jud
Old 06-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

IF YOU LIKE TRY " TARGETEERS" IN SADDLE BROOK, BERGEN COUNTY, ON ROUTE 46 WEST. A TRUE ARCHERY PRO SHOP, WILL NOT BUY OR GET SERVICE ANY PLACE BUT THIS SHOP!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2003, 08:56 PM

The whole reason why this guy won' t put one on is because he doesn' t beleive in them. He says that they are worthless, and that they are extra work on a bow. It' s not because of a safety reason! By why give up a big sale for a 2 dollar piece of string?
Old 06-01-2003, 11:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

Depending on where you are in NJ, we have some very good shops here in eastern PA (Bucks County) that will treat you right.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am sort of torn on this issue. On one hand it is the guy' s shop and he sets the rules regardless of whether we believe them to be right or wrong.

On the other hand, not tieing on a string loop because you do not like them sounds rather silly to me. A fear for a safety issue I could possibly understand (though do not necessarily agree with).

My advice....learn to tie one on yourself if you still want to get the bow at that shop. It takes all of about 2 minutes.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:05 AM

I used to live in central NJ and I think that this is the archery shop I used to go to. Fat guy owns it? Anyway, here is my story.
About 5 years ago or so I bought a Matthews Z-max from this guy. I also purchased many accesories for the bow. Turns out that a stabilizer I had purchased for 49.99 was defective (it actually fell apart) so I proceeded to return it to the store and the guy gives me 21.99 back for it. I told him I paid 49.99 and he proceeded to yell at me and told me to stop lying. He humiliated me in a store full of customers. I left, extremely angry and in disbelief and was actually contemplating legal action against this jerk. Anyway, to make a long story short, this guy called me later that night at home and said he checked his records and that I was right so he was going to give me the rest of the money back. Honestly, I was so disgusted that I just simply never set foot in that store again. To this day that was the worst I' ve ever been treated by a store owner.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

I buy bows from this shop and I have never had a problem. I just bought a new Hoyt 2 months back. The shop is ran buy one guy and he can get whatever you need if he does' nt have it . His prices are good and his service is great. While you may know what you are doing the vast majority of people who come thru the shop don' t. String loops are for seasoned archers not 2 year experts. You got to put yourself in his place and realize that if someone gets hurt using a string loop it will go back to the store owner, one law suit like that will put a small shop out of buisness.

Quick Reply: Listen to this Bs...NJ archery shop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.