Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
ticks..Ticks..TICKS.!! >

ticks..Ticks..TICKS.!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ticks..Ticks..TICKS.!!

Old 11-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default ticks..Ticks..TICKS.!!

I posted earlier in the season that the tick problem didn't seem to be as bad this year as in the past. Someone else posted "wait 'til fall". Boy were they right!! The tick problem is now by far the worst I've seen here in Indiana Co. I've been at the hospital twice now over it...once because one of the bite sights got infected, and once to have my medication for the infection changed because the initial one wasn't working. I've had blood drawn to check for Lyme's Disease, but haven't gotten the results yet.

Our Yellow Lab has to be checked constantly, especially when he comes in from a run. Anybody else having the same problems??
Old 11-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Spike

Ticks are spreading north and we are finding them in regions of NY that used to be tick free. I am not sure how they migrate but it is certainly occurring.

The ticks are in and the snow is out. Times have changed in the northern woods.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had two ticks walking on me and my brother had one embed into his ankle in the last couple weeks. This is not the norm as we never had tick problems, unless we hugged a dead deer that is.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

i can't go in the woods without getting at least 4 or 5 ticks on me. That's been the norm for the last 2 years spring, summer and fall. Contracted the Lyme disease last year. Trust me, take all the precaution you can. It was and still is a battle to return to yourself.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Spike

Lesson I learned the HARD WAY. Duct tape. Pants to socks, shirt to pants, sleeves to gloves, keep collar buttoned. All clothing in washing machine with HOT water as soon as you get home. Then, very politely ask your lady love to check out your manly body to see if any got on your posterior. May just turn out to be the best part of the day. Those bas---ds will find a way to get you if they can. Been there, didn't like the neighborhood.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

Got nailed by one opening week of archery. Found two on me the third week of the season and one on me tonight. Getting fed up with the little b..tards!!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default hmmmm

Went to a stand last week , 4 wheelered in 1/2 way them walked the rest .
Never got in the stand , ended up going to another stand .
After sitting for a couple minutes I had a wierd fealy on the back of my neck .
Scratched it once , no big deal , then another tickle , scratched it second time and felt a bug ,,
HHMM,, bug was a deer tic ,,
Best part is no deer and plenty of tics ,
Them little suns a bi737,s ...
Old 11-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Typical Buck

here is an idea,

but could ticks be migrating on transported deer that people have killed in one area and brought home? Where I hunt down in the southern part of new york, there are these bugs that I thought were ticks but turned out to be something different. Very similar though. Anyways, the deer I harvest have these on them, which are still alive when I get home. They drop off and find a new home I think.

So could we be helping the ticks find new homes, sort of shooting ourselves in the foot..
Old 11-11-2009, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

ok men 1 more time get some SAWYER PREMIUM PERMETHRIN.This stuff is the best i have found spray it on and no ticks.I have been using it for 2 years now and this year on my grandson and no ticks.I get it from bass pro.opps the wind blows them little buggers miles when it is blowing hard

Last edited by shump; 11-11-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ticks are bad but listen to shump.I don't go in the woods without spraying down with permanone.The ticks crawl on you but they're dead within a few minutes.Last wed I was helping a buddy track a deer and I had several on me.After a little while,they all just fell off.Years ago,I actually stopped hgunting some of my favorite spots because of ticks.I discovered permanone and since then,I've never had a tick actually get on my skin.Now those creepy little deer keds,they're another story.They can fly and they land on my neck all the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.