Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
No chasing in my neck of the woods yet:( >

No chasing in my neck of the woods yet:(

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

No chasing in my neck of the woods yet:(

Old 11-07-2009, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Question No chasing in my neck of the woods yet:(

I went hunting in my blind again yesterday after work. At 4:45 I saw a huge bodied button all by himself and about 5 or 6 does about 15 minutes later. There was not a buck in sight following the does. It was too dark for a shot at the does, but I am going out again this evening, so we will see. I did make chili out of last week's doe, and all I can say is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Good luck to all this weekend, it is supposed to be two days of heavy activity according to my calendar.

Last edited by johnandmare; 11-07-2009 at 04:59 AM. Reason: change in wording
Old 11-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default here ya

Was out last evening and seen what I thought was 2 does in different locations 600 plus yards away , after watching them for an hr . abought 20 minutes before dark pops out a small buck .
He fed for a while and eventualy the one doe that I thought was a doe worked its way up the field right next to the small 4 pointer.
They bumped heads a couple times then one ran off ..
I,ve been seeing a few small bucks and very few does ???
Weather up here last year was below zero for a month day and night.. Hopefuly it didnt play a toll on the deer ...
Old 11-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

Went out this evening, supposedly a great movement day and saw NOTHING!! Oh well, there's always Wednesday. If there are any veterans reading this or any members of our Armed Forces, THANK YOU for all you did and are doing
Old 11-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by johnandmare
Went out this evening, supposedly a great movement day and saw NOTHING!! Oh well, there's always Wednesday. If there are any veterans reading this or any members of our Armed Forces, THANK YOU for all you did and are doing
Ya im in central NY north of I-90 and i haven't had any bucks chasing yet. I hope it comes sometime soon, next weekend I was thinking of giving the woods a rest before gun starts. I had 3 doe this morning walk behind me and they weren't on edge or being persued. And to top it off tonight I had 2 doe come in on my other property we hunt and no bucks around.

There is a nice 6 point (8 point missing the brows) running around our other property and I saw him once 2 weeks ago and no1 in the arear bow hunts...damn mystery deer.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default windy

Well as noted the wind she blew .
This is the 3rd saturday in a row it blew hard .. 15 to 35 or 40 mph...
Well I chaanced it figuring for the wurst and guess who came out to eat 1/2 hr before dark again .
Yup the younger buck with the ivory white tines .
I thought he was a 4 point but after a better look I belive hes a 6 pointer .
H e was 475 yrds away this time but it wasnt so overcast last night .
He fed till dark and nothing else came around ..
Was thinking of going out in the morning but its still windier then heck out ther .and look what time it is now , Holy crap 2am...
I,ll get out a little ealier tommorow afternoon .
Old 11-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default update

Well just a quick update , I actualy got up with only 3.5 hrs sleep'
Something told me to go ???
Anyways after ariving at my stand at minutes before light I could see deer in the nearby field .
Fianaly decided to get in the stand instead of still hunting closer and watched a 5 pointer a doe and a fawn feed till 830 am not counting the 2 deer that slipped in the woods before it was light enough to tell what they were .
At 930 seen 4 more does trotting across the field then 40 minutes later I believe was the same 4 deer came by the stand .
Overal a great
morning seen9 deer at least just no shooter bucks yet ..
The 5 pointer did not seam intrested in the does and only was browsing ...
Old 11-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Spike

wow thats a great day there tracker. I went out both friday & Saturday, morning and afternoon and saw nothing. The last time I saw a deer was tuesday morning big body small 4pt. at 12 yards... This was going to be my first buck ever i thought for a second let it go for next year. but then i decided let me get that first buck out the way then count pts. I drew and got busted right away. I really wanted to test my treeharness that day...LOL
Old 11-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Typical Buck

You need to find a new neck of woods! In my area in SC PA, chasing was intense from Nov 3-6...then I observed a breeding party on the 6th in the evening....next day was like flipping a switch. Went from seeing 17 deer (6 buck)to only five doe and no buck. Seeing very little deer movement now as most bucks are locked down tending a doe in a thicket somewhere. That chasing window was short, but intense. Hoping to catch one between girlfriends this week, but breeing is in full swing and nearing peak, so deer movement has slowed dramatically.