Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Blood Clots and Treestands >

Blood Clots and Treestands

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Blood Clots and Treestands

Old 10-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just heard that somebody killed a biggun very near my stand.
Neat!

Last edited by livbucks; 10-28-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Great post, BB.....I was unaware of the risks..Who'd have thunk it? Sitting still on your duff could kill you! I do like to stand and stretch, draw my bow every hour or so.....Now I definitely will. Thanks for the heads up, you may have just helped save a life or two this fall, you never know.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

livbucks
Nontypical Buck didn't kow you were a Dave Matthews fan.. Good vid!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

You found my secret gem that I hid in my post! Haha.
I didn't think anybody would. LOL
DMB is KEWL!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see you are trying to hijack another thread. If you want to talk about videos, start a new thread.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

Great info BB. Now if I can get the wind to stop howling, I'll stand up more often without worrying about getting blown off my stand.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Blue Bird take it from someone with plenty of experience with clotting. Take a full strength aspirin every time you go in the woods. Once you have a clot especially one that was not quickly treated you will be prone to them again in the future. Aspirin reduces both clotting frequency and the severety of clots when they do occur. The fatality rate from Pulmenary Embolis is nearly 50% so avoiding the clot in the first place is critical. If a clot happens again I would ask your Dr if a Greenfield filter is a good idea. It will eliminate PEs in the future.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:14 AM
Typical Buck

Good advice bluebird2! I got one that went from my groin to my knee cap in March driving back from Pittsburgh PA and then plowing for another 10 hours. Not getting into the whole story but blood clots is a serious issue that you do not want to mess with. I was down for almost a month and half, I had to cancel my turkey hunting trips and I'm blood thinner for the rest of my life. I just turned 41 a few weeks ago so that's not good.