Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
We give up! Well, not really. >

We give up! Well, not really.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

We give up! Well, not really.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default We give up! Well, not really.

We went in to hunt our stands and the three bottom rails were gone. This was Friday - we both took off. So we had to head back out of the woods, we had no other stands. I was crying because I just don't get it, but I got over it and today - Sunday - we went in to take the remaining rails out and the 2 stands - they were in the same tree. Now we are selling them amd buying climbers. Hopefully, we can sell all the gear and at least be able to buy one climber to save this season. We will have to share, I am listing our gear in the classifieds. We have 2 Loggy Bayou Big Daddy Hang Ons with the net seats, 9 Gorilla climbing sticks, 2 Fall Guys. all the ratchet straps for the stands and the straps for the sticks. In other words, everything you need to get hunting this season! Check it out in a little bit and they should be there. This is the third time we have had our stuff stolen in three different spots that we had permission to hunt. So even though I am 46 - my husband will be 41 tomorrow - I am getting myself into a climber. I love this bowhunting thing and I hope to be doing it for another 46 years
Old 10-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default Been there done that

If its other hunters there not hunters there theifs .
Set up a camera next time in a discrete location facing your stands ,
Catch the culpret and send them to jail .
There low lifes ... Sorry if it sounds harsh , but I deal with them every day ...
Old 10-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

that sux...i agree buy a cam with yer earnings..they will be bak!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

That's a shame. Hope you can salvage the season. Like you, I got tired of thieves and bought myself a Lone Wolf. Glad I did.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

Terrible, hope they fall out of their stands. There is no justice in this country. Wish you all the best of luck in getting back out. I had someone actually loosen one of my ratchet straps on my stand and I fell 20 feet on Friday. Luckily I only suffered a concussion. I t could of been worse..