Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Is this Archery? >

Is this Archery?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Is this Archery?

Old 10-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is this Archery?

Where will it go from here?
CROSSGUN!
Attached Thumbnails Is this Archery?-09_tac_15_hp_ad.jpg  
Old 10-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

I dunno but that is awesome
Old 10-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, it is awesome. I think crossguns are cool. But what is happening to archery as we know it?
Old 10-17-2009, 03:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

The thing actually looks kinda cool as you said but I personally don't want to see it in the woods.

But, In all fairness, I can understand a stickbow guy having the exact same gut reaction to one of the newer tricked out compounds.

How far is too far? Every man has a different measuring stick for this question. That thing went past the end of mine when it comes to calling it archery.

JMHO
Old 10-17-2009, 05:45 AM
Spike

I would use it if it were legal in my area...and I do believe crossbows should be legal...but I think they should be legal only in the gun season. They are not traditional archery. Just because you put a sharp point on a stick does not make it archery. If it has a trigger, it is a gun.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

If that is archery, then baiting is hunting
Old 10-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Innovation and technology are the American way I guess. Maybe those of us that are under the opinion that archery is about pulling the resistance, and holding the energy in one's arms until a smooth release can be accomplished in the presence of wary game...well, maybe we are just dinosaurs or something. That defines archery to me more than two limbs and a string in exclusivity.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by livbucks
Innovation and technology are the American way I guess. Maybe those of us that are under the opinion that archery is about pulling the resistance, and holding the energy in one's arms until a smooth release can be accomplished in the presence of wary game...well, maybe we are just dinosaurs or something. That defines archery to me more than two limbs and a string in exclusivity.

Well if you're a dinosaur, then, so am I. I guess we'll be extinct soon
Old 10-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

carefull guys you're comenting on a weapon that LOOKS like an assualt weapon It's still just a crossbow that is the same reaction some people have about tricked out shotguns
Old 10-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not referring to the visual of "assault weapon". I am talking about how far we will deviate from the original concept of archery season. That thing is not some clunky crossgun. It is an extremely precision "Bolt gun" or spear gun etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.