Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Is this Archery? >

Is this Archery?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Is this Archery?

Old 10-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by livbucks
I am not referring to the visual of "assault weapon". I am talking about how far we will deviate from the original concept of archery season. That thing is not some clunky crossgun. It is an extremely precision "Bolt gun" or spear gun etc.
Where I live an AR lower must be registered as a rifle so I guess I would consider it a rifle. Regardless I wouldn't want to walk around in the wods with that monstrosity.

How far do you think we have deviated from the primitive muzzloader seasons? IMO the current inlines are nothing more than rifles loaded one component at a time.

Bob
Old 10-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Flintlock season is still flintlock season in PA. The inlines can only be used during the special ML doe hunt in October or during any regular firearms deer season. They may not be used in flintlock season after Christmas.
Sorry, but try again.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can't even use percussion cap guns during flintlock season in PA.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jimbodwb
I would use it if it were legal in my area...and I do believe crossbows should be legal...but I think they should be legal only in the gun season. They are not traditional archery.
A modern decked out compound is as far from traditional archery as you can get. Or are you talking about your own "tradition"?

Just because you put a sharp point on a stick does not make it archery. If it has a trigger, it is a gun
So the 98% plus of compounds shot with a release/ aka trigger are guns?
Old 10-18-2009, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know that the only way I would use one in place of a bow, is if the drawing and holding a bow became near impossible for me. Hopefully that day will come, when I am so old that I resort to using one just to stay active in the archery season. I don't believe an able bodied hunter should be permitted to use one during archery season.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Spike

It's a cool toy to have, but I wouldn't use it in the woods. I sold my AR a few months ago or I'd be hiding a purchase from my wife.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Spike

Sorry dude......but in Maine baiting......is hunting and crossbows are legal during gun season for deer not bow season.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'd luv to have one, bet they cost a fortune...that aint legal means durin archery here, unless you have a legit upper limb disability....but it is legal fer rifle season...maybe it should be legal fer muzzy season too, since they carry less energy than a muzzy does...or maybe jus add a steroid ed out xbow season in there followin a (also added) "normal" xbow season....but thats gonna be harder than any rifle shot.....if they had this technology when robin hood was around ( totally contradicting i know) but thats what would be in the museum behind 1" Plexiglas and you cant touch it...

n e waz...thats harder than a rifle IMO....400fps vs 4200fps 10%(my maf aint so good)

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 10-19-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by livbucks
I know that the only way I would use one in place of a bow, is if the drawing and holding a bow became near impossible for me. Hopefully that day will come, when I am so old that I resort to using one just to stay active in the archery season. I don't believe an able bodied hunter should be permitted to use one during archery season.
thats the way it is in wisconsin...
Old 10-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

I don't consider a crossbow as archery equipment, but don't have a problem at all if crossbows have their own season for people who want to use them for whatever reason, or are handicapped. Just don't mix them in with what is considered archery...compound and recurve.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.