Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Victory!!!!

Old 10-02-2009, 04:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default Victory!!!!

I have been working over the course of the summer in correspondence with the Conservation Fund, to secure archery hunting privilges for the public on a parcel of land in Adams county that they purchased from Galtfelter paper co, and are holding until the state can buy the parcel from them for the purchase price of 12.5 million and annex it to the Michaux state forest. Last year it was opened briefly for the two week firerarm seaosn and then closed again. After my dialogues with the regional director, he submitted my request to their legal advisors, concernig liability possibly incurred, and then to the board for approval. I had assumed at this point it wouldn't happen due to the proximity of the season. Imagine my joy to read this just this a.m.......I have loved these woods for years, and one of my all time favorite bowhunting areas...Their Fund has secured that this land wil remain undeveloped and open to all future generations to enjoy. Hopefully my son and someday even my grandsons will share these woods with me thanks to the Conservation Fund. I'm so happy now, it's hard to express. Just wanted to share that.
http://individual.com/story.php?story=107767936
Old 10-02-2009, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Screamin Steel
I have been working over the course of the summer in correspondence with the Conservation Fund, to secure archery hunting privilges for the public on a parcel of land in Adams county that they purchased from Galtfelter paper co, and are holding until the state can buy the parcel from them for the purchase price of 12.5 million and annex it to the Michaux state forest. Last year it was opened briefly for the two week firerarm seaosn and then closed again. After my dialogues with the regional director, he submitted my request to their legal advisors, concernig liability possibly incurred, and then to the board for approval. I had assumed at this point it wouldn't happen due to the proximity of the season. Imagine my joy to read this just this a.m.......I have loved these woods for years, and one of my all time favorite bowhunting areas...Their Fund has secured that this land wil remain undeveloped and open to all future generations to enjoy. Hopefully my son and someday even my grandsons will share these woods with me thanks to the Conservation Fund. I'm so happy now, it's hard to express. Just wanted to share that.
Congradulations Screamin Steel. That's a victory for all of us. Thanks for taking the iniative.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:05 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Great Job and Congratulations! Us sportsmen are lucky to have someone like yourself in our ranks.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

Cool beans! Our future generations will certainly enjoy this land. Nice work and thanks!
Old 10-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

All the credit goes to the Conservation fund for stepping up and saving this land from development. It is actually a unique piece in that it will join two previously unconnected parcels of the Michaux state forest as well as joining them to the Strawberry Hill nature preserve. All I did was help get it accessible to bowhunters and small game hunters this fall. I have to admit part of my motivation was selfish. This piece had been closed to all hunting for the last four years and only opened for two week gun season last fall. I don't have to say any more and you guys will get my drift.....
Old 10-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

I have to admit part of my motivation was selfish.
Shameful. Just plain shameful. LOL! Wish I lived closer!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

selfishness can help everyone sometimes
-Halfbakedi420 2009_
Old 10-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job Jakebird.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to admit part of my motivation was selfish. This piece had been closed to all hunting for the last four years and only opened for two week gun season last fall. I don't have to say any more and you guys will get my drift.....
It is not being selfish to work to get a piece of property open to the public, even if you might benefit from having it opened. Congratulations and good luck hunting that area.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Thank you for stepping up and taking the lead in getting the land open to more hunters.

My hat is off to you Sir for a job well done!

Dick Bodenhorn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.