HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Victory!!!!
Thread: Victory!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 06:27 PM
R.S.B.
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Screamin Steel
I have been working over the course of the summer in correspondence with the Conservation Fund, to secure archery hunting privilges for the public on a parcel of land in Adams county that they purchased from Galtfelter paper co, and are holding until the state can buy the parcel from them for the purchase price of 12.5 million and annex it to the Michaux state forest. Last year it was opened briefly for the two week firerarm seaosn and then closed again. After my dialogues with the regional director, he submitted my request to their legal advisors, concernig liability possibly incurred, and then to the board for approval. I had assumed at this point it wouldn't happen due to the proximity of the season. Imagine my joy to read this just this a.m.......I have loved these woods for years, and one of my all time favorite bowhunting areas...Their Fund has secured that this land wil remain undeveloped and open to all future generations to enjoy. Hopefully my son and someday even my grandsons will share these woods with me thanks to the Conservation Fund. I'm so happy now, it's hard to express. Just wanted to share that.
http://individual.com/story.php?story=107767936
Thank you for stepping up and taking the lead in getting the land open to more hunters.

My hat is off to you Sir for a job well done!

Dick Bodenhorn