Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
ok maine guys whats happening >

ok maine guys whats happening

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ok maine guys whats happening

Old 11-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

wife's cousin that he shot a 254lb 9pt yesterday...

phil, that "browse" you speak of is NOT enough to get them through the winters successfully. most of the yards up there are cedar growths

That sure sounds to me like the deer up this way are simply starving to death right? LOL!! Sorry, but coyotes are the number 1 problem during the winter months and we still have some very large deer wandering the woods up here. They are not as plentifull as years gone by but they are still here.. That is why up this way it real hunting and not just out watching fields my friend.. LOL
Old 11-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
wife's cousin that he shot a 254lb 9pt yesterday...

phil, that "browse" you speak of is NOT enough to get them through the winters successfully. most of the yards up there are cedar growths

That sure sounds to me like the deer up this way are simply starving to death right? LOL!! Sorry, but coyotes are the number 1 problem during the winter months and we still have some very large deer wandering the woods up here. They are not as plentifull as years gone by but they are still here.. That is why up this way it real hunting and not just out watching fields my friend.. LOL

funny, your about the only one who thinks that including our bio's.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

funny, your about the only one who thinks that including our bio's.
Funny thing we live up here while you live down there and you can tell us what has happened.. LOL You must have forgetten these woods up here are our back yards.. We live here and not just come up to visit.. Of coarse we wouldn't have any idea about what happens up this way...LOL
Old 11-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

i agree... you dont
Old 11-17-2009, 02:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

LMBO!! I can't waste my time with you that is for sure.. Did you support the survey a few years back on what deer eat? They came back and told us they eat mushrooms..LOL that is something most hunters up this way already knew and what a waste of dollars..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 11-21-2009 at 03:43 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

hahaha wow mushrooms really? teach me more legend. teach me. you have all the knowledge being 2 hours further north.......
Old 11-19-2009, 02:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, I like legends that cost us alot of money from the coffers.. I love it when they spend $300,000 dollars to tell us what we already know.. Just think you are much closer to the capital where all the dollars came from and you never even had a clue..LOL You think I am only 2 hours away? Another pretty good joke because it is more like 3 hours away LOL.. Perhaps you might want to try and figure out how big this state actually is..LOL But for a city slicker you are quite smart.. LOL
Old 11-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

are you sure you arent a transplant?
Old 11-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

I have been giving the treestand thing a try lately to change it up a bit and have actually seen quite a few deer so far. Im up to 11 now already, but its been mostly does. Anyways, I sat all morning (holy crap its boring) and didnt see anything at all. So I moved to another spot, a funnel, where I sat down on the ground put out some doe estrous and decided to try some calling. I called and rattled for awhile and I was starting to get bored as heck and just kinda chillin there on the ground when I thought I heard a grunt. I blew 2 grunts on the True Talker and like 2 mins later this buck came storming in fast. He came in so fast that I was stumbling around trying to get my rifle up like a noob with all the excitement. He came across this trail and was heading toward a clearing to my left so I positioned myself to that side ready to fire when he cleared the pines. He went out of sight for a sec into the pines then just as fast as he came in he hopped back across the trail the way he came and I cant figure out why. His tail never went up and he never blew at me so I dont think he winded me. Actually he didnt even run just that fast trot like how he came in. I dont know guys but all I can say is I think I got . Im reliving it over and over in my head on how I could have done things differently. Hopefully better luck tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad you are still seeing them StillHunter...Hopefully you will get a shot at one.. I have heard that in situations like the one you discribed that if you make a sound like an owl or something along those lines when in a tree stand it will help to calm them down.. I do not know if that will work or not though.. The purpose of it is because they see your movement but can not smell you. An owl or something along those lines they are used to seeing up in a tree..

Skybuster.. LOL you are one funny dude.. I hope you stay out of the woods up here as we do not want to waste our resources trying to get your sorry butt back out..

are you sure you arent a transplant?
Heck No!!! I currently have gotten 3 of " The Biggest Bucks in Maine Club " patches.. and a " One That Didn't Get Away Club " patch to boot.. So what are your credentials.. Ol wise one.. LOL..
Here is 1 patch for you to see what they look like.. LOL

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 11-20-2009 at 02:48 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.