Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
ok maine guys whats happening >

ok maine guys whats happening

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ok maine guys whats happening

Old 09-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default ok maine guys whats happening

hey fellow mainers hows the season goin i got my first with a bow on monday 8 pt 208 lbs ill post pics when i figure it out.. what everyone got
Old 09-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

dont tell me im the only mainer on here
Old 09-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't gone archery hunting as of yet.. I am hoping to shortly but have to much to do before the snow flys.. I have been scouting out moose for an October 12th hunting season.. I tried calling one in on the way home from work last Sunday and have a pic posted in the big game forum.. Also I have an Indian friend that bagged a nice 6 point moose yesterday during an elderly hunt.. I am glad for him and he had his work cut out.. That is on the same forum post as well with a pic of his moose going up tomorrow after I get home from work.. Congrats on your buck as well.. Nice shooting and hunting as well..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 09-27-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

phil where are you located and where are you moose hunting ive been a few times and maybe could give you some ideas good to know someone else from maine here im from china (near waterville ) and have a family camp in jackman. good luck with the moose
Old 09-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am about 20 miles north of Calais and will be hunting area 19.. It's the same area I have grown up in... So I am hoping to get a shot at one.. If you get a chance check out I tried calling a moose thread in the big game forums.. I called out a monster but it is a lot harder to call them in for me during the October hunt I have..
Old 10-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

I tried my luck at calling a moose this morning.. as I am getting the itch for moose hunting next monday and it can not get here soon enough!! Here is a pic of what I called out this morning.. I posted this in the big game forum under I tried calling a moose this morning...
Old 10-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

good luck with the moose i hope you can call him back again nothing wrong with him just curios due to reading some debates about firearms lately what youll be using for a rifle
Old 10-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Call me crazy if you wish my weapon of choice is a bow with my sub-permitee backing me up with a 30-06... I just want the max in the challenge.. That moose I called last monday came in to me at around 20 yards.. I am estimating that one to be between 1000 to 1100 lbs.. He was a real monster of a moose for these parts. Calling him out again will prove difficult to say the least as he has now paired up with a couple of cows..
Old 10-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you don't mind hearing from a PA guy, Congrats on that buck Bailey!!!!

And as for you Phil, I'll be up my tree monday morning waiting for a PA deer but something tells me those moose pics you've posted will still be a bouncin around in the old noggin. Best of luck and be safe out there!!! A bunch of us are pullin for ya!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I speak for myself and I do not mind at all.. Good luck in your stand BT.. Those moose pics and all keep bouncing around in my head ever since I saw those. Knowing I can give it a try finally after all these years waiting and trying.. Thanks everyone for wishing me some good luck on this hunt..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.