Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Article On NY AR >

Article On NY AR

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Article On NY AR

Old 09-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im in total agreement w/ the last 3 posts. The rack and weapon elitists, wont be happy until theyve turned enough people away from participating in future hunting seasons, to validate any of us having one. As far as PA goes, no offense to the residents ,but I can think of no NE state, Id rather hunt less.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Steve863
Those surely ain't Whitetail deer on that picture! In my opinion the DEC made the absolute correct decision not to expand AR's to other areas. They are in the business to set hunting seasons to control the deer population, and have NO business managing the herd to produce larger racks for trophy hunters. There is no other credible reason why AR's need to be implemented. A dead deer is a dead deer, and in the scheme of population control it don't matter if the buck that gets shot is a spike or 10 pointer. These here are the honest facts, whether one wants to believe them or not is a different story.

What he said ^^^^
Old 09-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
Im in total agreement w/ the last 3 posts. The rack and weapon elitists, wont be happy until theyve turned enough people away from participating in future hunting seasons, to validate any of us having one. As far as PA goes, no offense to the residents ,but I can think of no NE state, Id rather hunt less.
being that you are opposed to ARs it only makes sense you wouldnt want to hunt PA. All you guys sound like a broken record- you all said the same things in the last thread on ARs. You all are against it-good for you-point made!!! Someone come up with something else to debate here. This is old and its all personal oppinion as to what you think is best or fits your hunting style. I have to think of a new topic cuz this is old.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

All you guys sound like a broken record-
And you don't???
Old 09-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whether one likes or opposes ARs may be a matter of opinion, but it is a fact that in PA, breeding rate and productivity decreased after ARs and the breeding window remained the same. Those facts show conclusively that there is not biological reason to implement ARs.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Whether one likes or opposes ARs may be a matter of opinion, but it is a fact that in PA, breeding rate and productivity decreased after ARs and the breeding window remained the same. Those facts show conclusively that there is not biological reason to implement ARs.

Whatever your position on AR's the PA information quoted above is a nominal decline at best due to a shift in the sampling emphasis that resulted in a higher sampling of pregnant does in porrer areas. The jury is still out on this one guys.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whatever your position on AR's the PA information quoted above is a nominal decline at best due to a shift in the sampling emphasis that resulted in a higher sampling of pregnant does in porrer areas. The jury is still out on this one guys.
That simply is an attempt by BTB to mislead and deceive. Based on the data provided in the latest AWR, 167 does were checked in 2B and 123 were checked in 5C, while only 40 doe were checked in 2G and 67 were checked in 2F.

Furthermore, even though 2G was rated poor for forest health , it was rated the second highest for the number of embryos/doe.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

No matter what the rules are I would still hunt. Antler Restrictions Does not mean "no hunting". Some of the so-called meat hunters are more hung up on antlers than the trophy hunters. The only difference is they like small antlers. If I was strictly a meat hunter I would shoot the first doe that walked by and not worry about antler restrictions. More than likely a doe will be the first animal you'll see anyway.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do all NY hunters have a doe tag so they can make the choice to which you referred?

BTW, the fact that all hunters would like to harvest a buck doesn't make them trophy hunters.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Banned

"Whatever your position on AR's the PA information quoted above is a nominal decline at best"

There wasnt supposed to be a "nominal decline" it also wasnt supposed to "stay the same", it was supposed to INCREASE. It didnt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.