Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Cnetral MD Land to Hunt >

Cnetral MD Land to Hunt

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cnetral MD Land to Hunt

Old 07-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default Central MD Land to Hunt

I am new to MD as of Jan. 2008 and began Deer Hunting in MD this past 2008-2009 season. I really only hunted the MCkee Beshers WMA with no sucess. Only saw deer there the first day I hunted out of the 6-7 times I went there. I would really like to gain access to some private property in Montgomery or adjacent counties in MD. I have asked permission on a couple properties with no sucess. If anyone has propoerty or know someone that has property in central MD that may be willing to discuss permission in hunt, I would greatly appreciate it. I would be willing to donate a portin of vension, or a small monetary compensation. I utilize all seasons, so even if someone has just a small suburban property where it would only be feasable to bow hunt I would gladly take that opportunity. Also, if anyone knows of any hunt clubs in the central MD area, I would be interested as well. PM me with any contact information. Thanks a bunch.

Brandon

Last edited by marshall9779; 07-20-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Patuxent River State Park

Well, no luck on private land yet, but I did find out using MD's DNR webstie that the Patuxent River State Park is close by. I didn't realize that so I think I'm going to check that place out. If anyone has any experience there, if you don't mind pointing me to some better areas or areas to avoid and any sucess stories. I have a map with the roads and parking areas marked, if you could start any comments on spots using which parking area on which road.
http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/publicla..._detail_1.html

Thanks
Old 07-22-2009, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt at the Brown Church section. Good parking there. It gets a lot of pressure during firearms season. I killed a good 8 pt there before. It was the 2nd Saturday of firearms season. Lots of spikes and does around there. After firearms season though, forget it. They're in there but I haven't found them yet after that. The early seasons, bow and muzzleloader, are pretty good though.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Saxman1819
I hunt at the Brown Church section. Good parking there. It gets a lot of pressure during firearms season. I killed a good 8 pt there before. It was the 2nd Saturday of firearms season. Lots of spikes and does around there. After firearms season though, forget it. They're in there but I haven't found them yet after that. The early seasons, bow and muzzleloader, are pretty good though.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

Bump for anyone that might have missed.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

To the top again.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

Have you gone and checked out any of the spots yet?
Old 08-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

I took off Monday and got up early and checked out the Hipsley Mill section. Jumped a doe and then a fawn. Found a couple decent trees up near some crop fields. I took the long hard way there. I found a much wider easier trail on the way back. I need to check out a couple of the other sections. I may check out the Brown's Church section next. I like the looks of that section from a topography view. If I remember right it has about 3 ridges and valleys that converge together. I think that converging point would have to be a sweet spot.