Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A pic of woods

Old 07-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Only a fool would believe that TL property owners plant dozens of shrubs every year for the deer to eat. Is that what you do? If so you are dumber than a stump.

BTW, do you have any idea what percentage of a deers winter diet is comprised of dead leaves? Do you know the composition of a deers spring and summer diet?

How many does PSM of suitable habitat,were harvested in TL in 2007 and 2008?
Originally Posted by crokit
Where did anyone say that TL property owners plant dozens of shrubs every year FOR THE DEER TO EAT??

I see where it was said that the vast majority of houses have dozens of shrubs. Once again, your serious lack of reading comprehension is exceded only by the incredible amount of inaccurate posts.
As I recall , Doug said that TL property owners plant dozens of shrubs very year because the deer killed the original shrubs by over browsing. If the property owners continue to plant shrubs that deer browse, then they are planting shrubs for the deer to eat. It is just that simple!!!
Or maybe they plant the shrubs because they like the way they look, smell, spruce up the yard, give curb appeal, etc, etc, etc,........... Where was it stated that the property owners are CONTINUING TO REPLANT the shrubs that are eaten? Remember, reading comprehension 101. Not as simple ,simple, is it?
Must be those two questions I asked are too tough for you to answer. Reading comprehension! Let's try again, please qoute the poster that said that land owners are planting shrubs year after year, only to be eaten by deer year after year. Unless your counting you saying it, no one said it.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got to tell ya, Aviary, next to Freud's and Einstein's definition of certain individuals should be examples of your posts.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

lmao
Old 07-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Must be those two questions I asked are too tough for you to answer. Reading comprehension! Let's try again, please qoute the poster that said that land owners are planting shrubs year after year, only to be eaten by deer year after year. Unless your counting you saying it, no one said it.
Here is what Doug E posted .

Tl is unique in that the deer have 1700-1800 homes with lanscaping that gets replaced every year.
Stuff it stupid!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Tl is unique in that the deer have 1700-1800 homes with lanscaping that gets replaced every year.
Blue bird looks like someone has pie on his face

Doug as I recall in the past you stated deer survive mainly by grazing on the golf course now its house plants surely with that many deer and with such poor habitat for decades the deer mortality must be horrific how about posting some pictures of all the winter die off.

if the habitat were so poor why didn’t the deer herd crash decades ago and remain at a level where this poor habitat could support them years ago or is your private petting preserve an exception to the rule the same rule that you and rsb claim govern the rest of the state forest land, private land and sgl with far fewer deer than your zoos 45 to 50 dsm

Last edited by bowhunter2117; 07-20-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bowhunter2117

Doug as I recall in the past you stated deer survive mainly by grazing on the golf course now its house plants surely with that many deer and with such poor habitat for decades the deer mortality must be horrific how about posting some pictures of all the winter die off.

if the habitat were so poor why didn’t the deer herd crash decades ago and remain at a level where this poor habitat could support them years ago or is your private petting preserve an exception to the rule the same rule that you and rsb claim govern the rest of the state forest land, private land and sgl with far fewer deer than your zoos 45 to 50 dsm

Old 07-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Where did anyone say that TL property owners plant dozens of shrubs every year FOR THE DEER TO EAT??

I see where it was said that the vast majority of houses have dozens of shrubs. Once again, your serious lack of reading comprehension is exceded only by the incredible amount of inaccurate posts.
Reading comprehension! Let's try again, please qoute the poster that said that land owners are planting shrubs year after year, only to be eaten by deer year after year. Unless your counting you saying it, no one said it.
Tl is unique in that the deer have 1700-1800 homes with lanscaping that gets replaced every year
sure looks to me like crokit is eating crow
Old 07-21-2009, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only a fool would believe that TL property owners plant dozens of shrubs every year for the deer to eat. Is that what you do? ..........

As stated before, Douge Never said this.
Here's YOUR words, eat them! YOU are the only fool who made that statement. You answered your own question.

Lots of reasons. as I stated, why homeowners replant shrubs. For you to suggest that they do it solely to feed the deer is { add any adjective/adverb }. If that were the case, the home owner would simply cut some of the incredible habitat down your way and feed it to them. Or, go to the local stock yard and get the material that you put out on the buffet here.

P.S. Love crow mixed with BB mince meat. Needs lots of salt, though.
Love to keep playing, but someone has to work. I'll catch up later; shouldn't be to difficult.

Last edited by crokit; 07-21-2009 at 04:31 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is what Doug E posted .

Stuff it stupid!!!
I don't replant my landscaping.Mine all got wiped out in 1996.As a result,I replaced it with barberry,which the deer won't touch.Most people aren't that smart.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bowhunter2117

Mike,we've been over this dozens of times.First of all,please bring up a post where I said deer are surviving from grazing on grass.I've never claimed that deer are primarily grazers.You're simply a flat out liar.The deer herd didn't crash years ago because we've had a series of very mild winters.On top of that,people feed the deer,eat the landscaping and lately have been sustaining themselves on the tree tops from the hundreds of acres that have been logged.We do have mortality however.In the spring of 2004,we found 5 dead,winter killed deer in one 76 acre patch while doing a popultaion census with PSU.In another area,we found 15 winter killed deer.I also have a picture of a winter killed deer that died in my friend yard last winter.The deer have definately destroyed the habitat in TL and I have the results of several years of browse impact surveys to prove it.Our pellet count survey also show that out deer herd is down below 50- dpsm from a high of 70 dpsm 5 years ago.Our harvests aren't even scratching the surface of what should be being recruited so something else is decreasing the herd.Recruitment this year is as bad as I've ever seen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.