Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Sunday Bowhunting in PA? >

Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

Old 07-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Banned

Default RE: Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

"There really is no love lost with you and the Pa. hunters is there? "

Yeah, I see you've taken notice Rem...hes a real hunter advocate. lmao.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: R.S.B.

ORIGINAL: J Pike

ORIGINAL: ManySpurs

I'd like to see Sunday hunting implemented this season starting with both spring and fall turkey, bear, and small game, and leave the deer alone on Sundays this season until anterless allocations can be adjusted(if that is possible with the current PGC mindset) accordingly for next years deer season.
Manyspurs do game wardens currently get sundays off? If so they shouldnt because poachers dont take sundays off.

Game wardens in OH. did not object to having to work on sundays when sunday hunting was passed, If PGC. WCO's dont want to work on sundays
like many in the private sector then they are free to find another job. Pike

Where did you get the idea that Pennsylvania Game Wardens don’t work on Sundays.

We work any days of the week that are needed in order to do a reasonably effective job of protecting the resources. We do normally get two days off and most of us take our days off to fit the needs of our district for the time of the year and seasons.

I am sure if we have Sunday hunting, in the future, a high percentage of the WCOs will be working on those higher production days. Most of us already work a fair number of Sundays now.

Most of us would not only be willing but happy to work even more hours of the day and days of the week if the hunters are willing to pay for it. Most of us already donate a lot of free time to keep poachers at bay and not only the poachers but many hunters just complain about it when we do catch them. If protecting the resources don’t mean enough to the hunters to respect it, let alone pay for it why should it mean that much to the WCOs that they would do more of it for free and then get bashed for doing it?

R.S. Bodenhorn
RSB you spin things better than Baghdad Bob!! Please show me where I said that WCO's did not work on sunday. I was always under the impression that they did, thats why I asked Manyspurs the question! Pike
Old 07-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rem700man

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

I'm all for mandatory bowhunter ed for all new bowhunters including an accuracy test and blood trailing instruction.

Getting it to happen for existing bowhunters would be a good idea but unrealistic. The best way is to put it in for newly licensed bowhunters going forward.
Btb:
Another self-centered,,greedy post,,,,with little thought put into what your writing. I bet half the guys your age cant pass a proficiency test 1st of all and 2nd of all how in the he!! with the current liscensing process in Pa. will you or anyone else for that mattter determine whether or not aapplicant for an archery liscense will be a 1st year applicant or a 50th year applicant? Cmon man!,,,we as hunters dont need more rules or tests,,,application deadlines,,etc,,,,According to you theres no real herd health problem so there should not really be any problem with a few deer slipping by with an arrow in their guts! I have seen a few posts prior suggesting that a good archer put 5 shots in a pie plate at 20yds and 40 yds( im n ot suggesting that you posted this and i actually dont believe that this is your thought process) but if i could'nt put 5 shots in the bullseye @ either yardage and struggle to get my fingers between em to pull em out i would surely hang it up!! Proficiency tests are all based on opinion as far as im concerned and i for one am never happy until the utmost accuracy is achieved,,,but then again theres guys on here that have shot at and killed more deer than i have with less expectations and they are just as good a hunter as i am if not better
I'm not quite sure how the idea of trying to educate and properly introduce new bowhunters into a sport with very unique and specific challenges and limitations could be interpereted as greedy and self centered.

There are probably some arcehrs out there of ALL ages with varying degrees of experience who could benefit from bowhunter ed and a proficiency test. Ideally all hunters would be responsible enough to learn their sport their equipment and their quarry well enough to minimize potential mistakes but in the real world, easing in an education program for newbies seems like a good solid step in the right direction.

If a proficiency test for all became the rule tomorrow, I'd participate with a smile. I have a hard time understanding why any bowhunter would resist a simple attempt to raise the bar among our ranks. It's already mandatory in many states and provinces for ALL bowhunters.

By the way, Rem700, I can't recall, are you a bowhunter?
Ok Btb:
Im a truck driver and id like to see each and every one of the nondrivin MF's that pull out in front of me on a daily basis spend 1 hour in a class with me teaching their stupid a$$e$ what to and what not to do,,,id love to show each and every one of em what a truck will do to their pathetic,,,in a hurry,,,non leavin 5 minutes earlier,,,talkin on the the cell phone a$$e$,,,but ya know what,,,after 20 yrs of the same thing day in day out,,I've learned that they dont care,,,their minds are set on one thing and thats exactly what their going to try to accomplish,,,and in the long run im further ahead not to worry about what their motives are,,,cause see,,,im just as hard headed,,,i've had to put a few of em into the WALL! Im proud to say that at 42 years old i have a perfect driving record,,,no tickets,,,no AT FAULT accidents,,nothing! Now im sure that there are drivers out there that could teach me a few things,,,but ya know what,,,im under enough stress on a daily basis that i dont need another lesson. Just like a guy going out into the woods dont need another lesson in archery class,,,because what he learns in class holds no water to what he's gonna experience in the woods,,,you and i both know that the stresses that come with drawing a bow on a live animal can not be compared to what you will be taught in a class room on "how to". It all comes down to a hunters own decision of "do i shoot or not". When his/her heart is pounding out of their chest,,what are they going to rely upon? Your so called training or are they going to rely upon their basic instict to succeed? Theres enough info out here right now that if a guy/gal wants to succeed in the hunting world,,they will do it by practicing,,,trial and error,,,and get a mentor,,,im not so sure that LOVE and RESPECT for the great outdoors can be taught,,,i think it comes from within. And yes,,,im an archery fanatic!,,,i try to shoot no less than 200 arrows a week, in the off season,,,and last year the very 1st deer i shot was a doe in the early season @ 5yds,,pretty much straight down,,and i have no f'n idea where i hit this deer,,,i had little blood on the arrow,,a few driblets on the ground over the next 300 yds (tracked her by the leaves she kicked up leaving the county) and i never found her,,,i can tell ya this,,,at 5 yds i should not have taken the shot when i did,,,,i drew the bow when she was behind a maple limb,,,full of leaves,,,and when i let the arrow fly i could not tell what happened,,,,im almost 100% positive it hit high and went thru the tenderloins but if my life depended upon that being 100% the truth i probably would be dead,,,,if i would have waited for her to take 1 more step that deer would have been dead! I rushed the shot! and disrespected the animal that keeps my life in tact! My point is this,,,,some things just cant be taught
If I didnt make it crystal clear before, I'll say it again. I'm not advocating anything for existing hunters. You are obviously convinced that you have nothing left you could learn. he experience you relayed tells a totally different story though.We all are still learning till we hang up our bows for good! It is funny how you preach about how much time you spend practicing yourself but seemto think that a6-8 hour bowhunter ed course would be too much of an imposition. But again, I'm only advocating bowhunter ed for all new bowhunters and crossbow hunters!

While it's absolutely true that some things just cant be taught. It's also true thatlots of things can. Things like deer anatomy and the fact that several shot placements that would be deadly with a gun spell disaster with a bow. Things like some elementary blood trailing tips. And yes, a proficiency requirement. Will it fix everything? Hell no! Is it worth it if it helps prevent a only a few bad situations? Hell yes! It would also prevent those clowns that buy a bow, gun or crossbow a few days before season andbarely take the tags off before shooting it at a living animal.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh and you might want to rethink the out-of-staters and crossbow users statement,,,because without both your lookin dead in the eye of a liscense increase
Oh and you might look again at the post. It was done tongue in cheek to point out the ridiculousness of the idea of the Landowner only idea.
And in case you didnt notice, I'veconsistently advocated a license increase.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: R.S.B.

R.S.B:
There really is no love lost with you and the Pa. hunters is there?

I have all the respect in the world for hunters. I just don’t think much of people that don’t know what they are talking about yet spend so much time working so hard at destroying the future for both hunters and hunting.

If you think bashing wildlife management and the laws that protect our resources is doing anything constructive toward the future of hunting and isn’t instead damaging the future of the sport then you obviously haven’t spent much time thinking about it in a rational or logical manner.

R.S. Bodenhorn well RSB i am glad you said this about destroying our hunting i give the PGC a pat on the back for do it.look at dauphin county ringneck hunting it is no more and they are making it better when they stoped it.the deer hunting is a big joke in dauphin county thanks to the PGC and the doe killing.how can we damage what has allready been killed
Old 07-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

well RSB i am glad you said this about destroying our hunting i give the PGC a pat on the back for do it.look at dauphin county ringneck hunting it is no more and they are making it better when they stoped it.the deer hunting is a big joke in dauphin county thanks to the PGC and the doe killing.how can we damage what has allready been killed
Old 07-08-2009, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTB,
[blockquote]quote:

Oh and you might want to rethink the out-of-staters and crossbow users statement,,,because without both your lookin dead in the eye of a liscense increase
[/blockquote]

Oh and you might look again at the post. It was done tongue in cheek to point out the ridiculousness of the idea of the Landowner only idea.
And in case you didnt notice, I'veconsistently advocated a license increase.
If i own farm ground I do not need a license, what is wrong w/ a land owner say 20+ acres or so Only, Sunday hunting to gauge the impact of Sunday hunting in PA/ You advocated studies for Xbow impact, you stated a 2 week season, why not this to people who actually paying taxes on the ground they hunt. I don't hunt game lands but support them through license fees. I don't take it tongue and cheek BTB, again the arrogance of you and if you want ridiculous when you put in conventional bows in your post I bet you meant compunds huh? As non-conventinal as you can get my friend!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Spike

Even Gods creatures needs a break to. I say no Sunday hunting. I would bring in the use of semi auto rifles and silencers before Sunday hunting. I would not limit it to just bow hunting either. If it is good for one type of weapon it should be good for all weapons. Some whine about crossbows and say they should not be allowed and primirive weapons only during archery season. What came first,the cross bow or compound bow?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Buck Hunter 1
BTB,

As non-conventinal as you can get my friend!
Umm, NO!, as nonconventional as you can get would be a Crossbow. The bow was created for the purpose of hunting, the crossbow was created for the purpose of warfare and miltary use. Just a tidbit here the earliest reliable record of the use of a crossbow was at the battle of Ma-Ling in China in 341 B.C.E.

Since you like icons....
Old 07-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

What came first,the cross bow or compound bow?
The bow came first followed by the crossbow. Lets get a realistic grip here before attempting to compare ancient crossbows to modern compound bows... That is not a fair comparison. Modern crossbows however have been developed after modern compounds, so once again even in modern times the compound bow came before the compound crossbow.

Quick Reply: Sunday Bowhunting in PA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.