Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll >

L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Old 06-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

There has been a raging debate over the status of deer hunting in Pennsylvania. There has also been controversy over the legitimacy of recent polls on the issue. So, I want to try another angle with a poll that can't be manipulated, in order to get a realistic feel for how folks who have actually hunted in the state feel. Only respond if you have deer huntedPA within the last5 years and provide the following information.

1. Identify yourself as a resident or non-resident of PA.

2. Rate your perspective of PA deer hunting based on your experiences of the lastfive years. Please note, I don't care if you are a big buck hunter or "if its brown, its down" style hunter or whether you hunt private or public land. I don't care about how PA hunting nowcompares to the past or other states. Ionlywant to know how you personally describe the hunting in the present/recent past.Choose from the following (and yes i know it is very simple and subjective):

A. Excellent
B.Good
C. Fair
D. Poor
E. Waste of time

This is probably too much to ask, but please just answer the questions without any commentary. Save the arguments for after the results come in. I will wait 7 days to tally responses. To avoid funny business, no responses will be included if they come from new members who registered after the poll was posted.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

I am a Pennsylvania resident. I hunt in WMU 2F and 2G.

I rate the deer hunting today as GOOD and with the deer hunting opportunities as being EXCELLENT, compared to the past.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 06-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

Pa resident here. I live on the dividing line of 2G and 3A. I hunt both 2G and 3A.

2G=Poor
3A=Fair
Old 06-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Please try to just pick one answer. If you can't that is fine. I will just give each of themequal value when i tallyresponses.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Banned

Resident.

Poor.

-----------------------

" compared to the past"

Sorry for the "commentary" but apparently rsb cant read.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Banned

"I will just give each of them equal value when i tally responses"

Not a good idea. What if someone wants to skew the results and names 5 wmus just to carry more weight in the poll??
Old 06-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

Resident, I hunt the border of 4c and 3d. I would rate post AR hunting as good.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Someone said "fair" and "poor" which indicates they are being accurate about their different experiences in different areas instead of trying to skew the vote. Would prefer that folks just give one answer, but will still honor multiple responses,if they seem legitimate. If someone starts listing 5 areas as all of one thing or anotherto obviously try to skew the vote, they will not be counted.If you are listing 5 places as all bad or all great, then you should only have to say bad or good as one response.If you are thinking of listing2 bad and2 good then you should use some sense and just say fair. So i would suggest that people act like adults and simply state their opinion instead of tryingplay games.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Banned

I have hunted about 4 wmus in pretty recent years, more previously. All poor by my standards currently. Not looking to skew anything. It is what it is.

Course if youd like, I could stretch it a bit and say 1 was fair 2 was poor and one was a waste of time if that'd make it more acceptable?? Seems it would all pretty much equal out to poor anyway.

And not looing to "play games", but then neither was i in the polls that Id run previously despite whining over the results. It would not be fair if my wmus were summed up as one poor vote and another had 4 which ranged from fair to excellent.

My vote would count as one poor. Their 4 votes averaged in, all better than poor would greatly over-ride my lone vote and skew the results. Not trying to nitpick, but thats a pretty blatant poll error to make, certain to effect any results.

You should either include as many as they wanna give (which could be abused) or you take only one. But not "pick and choose" when its acceptable to accept more and when it isnt.

Or you could just make it by wmu then it would be one vote per poster per wmu...

Just tryin' to help ya out there buddy. LOL
Old 06-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

WV Gino

non-resident
2A - excellent

Quick Reply: L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.