Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll >

L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Old 07-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Banned

Default RE: L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

BTBS sig line: "I'll keep my religion and guns thank you, you can keep your change! "

Not sure if that was humor or what but: Psalms 101:7, "He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight."

Proverbs 6:16-19, "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

Proverbs 13:5, "A righteous man hateth lying: but a wicked man is loathsome, and cometh to shame."

Proverbs 19:9, "A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish."

Religion generally frowns upon liars.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

BTBS sig line: "I'll keep my religion and guns thank you, you can keep your change! "

Not sure if that was humor or what but: Psalms 101:7, "He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight."

Proverbs 6:16-19, "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

Proverbs 13:5, "A righteous man hateth lying: but a wicked man is loathsome, and cometh to shame."

Proverbs 19:9, "A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish."

Religion generally frowns upon liars.
Obviously you are willing to sink to any low. I'll not dishonor the bible by hurling back the hundreds of verses that would apply to your behavior here.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Spike

non-res
3b fair at best
prior to ar area was good to exc.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

After posting this poll, I had to drop out of sight for several weeks and then forgot all about it. Today, I finally got around to digging it up. I don't really have a dog in this fight, but it pretty much indicated what i thought it might. If you factor in a wide range of hunters who are hunting in a wide range of places, it becomes obvious that PA is not Pike County Illinois (although it seems that PA does have its own hotspots), but neither is it the black hole of the universe in terms of deer hunting.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:17 AM
Banned

Looks to me to be a very very dismal result. I dont know of any state where approval would have been so low. Through the years Ive seen polls of various states and usual the result were in the 80-90 percent satisfied to very satisfied,

Subtract the few pgc employees and us forestry service guy and it only gets less support.

Only confirms most other polls on Pa satisfaction. Its very low and not increasing. Pgc's own "selective" poll even showed 40% less aproval now than previously.

We must face facts. We have about the least satisfied groups of hunters in the nation and thats a fact.

I see no bright spot with this poll. I see what most already knew.

Good to have ya back lanse.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cornie,

Unless we have different versions of the dictionary, I would think that "dismal" would only be accurate if pretty much everyone rated the hunting as poor or a waste of time. But, I'm not gonna argue this, I just wanted to get some insight into how HNI members with actual hunting experience in PA view things there. I now have a somewhat better idea of how things are beyond what is said in the frequent arguments between the hardcore pro vs. con groups.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:49 AM
Banned

"Cornie,

Unless we have different versions of the dictionary, I would think that "dismal" would only be accurate if pretty much everyone rated the hunting as poor or a waste of time"

Not so. I said "dismal" because its worse than any satisfaction level of any state Im aware of. Id say "dismal" would be spot on. Not NEARLY as many good and excellent assessments as their should be. Compared to other states? Thats the benchmark. NORMALITY. We are lacking badly.

" But, I'm not gonna argue this, I just wanted to get some insight into how HNI members with actual hunting experience in PA view things there. I now have a somewhat better idea of how things are beyond what is said in the frequent arguments between the hardcore pro vs. con groups."

As if it were really necessary. lol. I live in what is considered one of the "better" areas of the state and there is very little support here. Other than what is posted on various message boards, I can only imagine what those guys up north think of this failed mess. The majority who dont post on message boards like this as little as I do. Only diff is,....they just dont post on message boards.

Not trying to argue with you either lanse. Just stating the facts as I see them. THough i think your assessment is a bit off the mark, I have no problem with your opinion differing. I just base mine on what these results tell us comparatively, and also what I see first hand for the last several years.

No matter how you slice it, MANY polls on here and about 4 or5 other websites previously, not supporting pgc with far less than 50% approval on most (most around 20-30!), Pgcs OWN poll showing lack of support for the program. Hunters screaming to legislators not to give a fee increase, and gary Alt having needed a flack jacket to go in public doesnt equate to high hunter satifaction, nor even acceptable levels by mosts standards.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-10-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've heard all sorts of discussion about various polls conducted in PA. However, my interest was in seeing how HNI members, both PA residents and nonresidents, with experience throughout the state viewed deer hunting in PA. Obviously, it is not a "scientific" poll. But it was not intended as such. I just wanted to get a broader perspective from HNI members (instead of the usual small group of combatants) on things in PA.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Banned

I understand what your saying lanse.

Unfortunately the usual "combatants" are the majority of who did the limited voting.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Resident. Hunt in 3B.

Big Bucks - excellent
Deer Numbers - fair

Quick Reply: L'Anses Pennyslvania Hunting Poll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.