Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION >

PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION

Old 06-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION

ORIGINAL: fellas2

What you have posted is nothing more then a handful of opinions from a VERY small and select group of people. Plus as has already been pointed out even your selection of articles are not all expressing being disgruntled with hunting in Pennsylvania.

"Here is an actual survey of over 900 randomly selected Pennsylvania hunters and what they had to say about there level of satisfaction with hunting and wildlife management in Pennsylvania. This survey was done in 2005. "

RSB,please don't tell me that you would put any credience on a survey done almost 5 years ago from a sampling of hunters from almost ten years ago over the phone(which people in general are less likely to give negative answers) using 900 names out of over 1,000,000 hunters at a sampling rate of .0009%. Even our beloved politicians wouldn't use a rate of such insignificance.

Yes, Rodger the survey is 4 years old and yes it's a very small percentage of the hunters. On the other hand, national elections get called with similar percentages of the votes actually counted. Statistics is a pretty accurate science. As for the age of the results thats somewhat fair but (and yes this is unscientific) the fact remains that the complaints have diminshed noticeably in the last couple of years. Even in the small local papers in the big woods towns, where sporadic letters to the editorcomplaining of AR/HR went on for awhile those letters have been in many cases, replaced by photos of nice bucks. More and more in the ANF, we're hearing "hey, this thing is workin!"
You might well see a better approval rating if it were done again today.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Banned

"I suspect I was hearing hunter discussions and complaints about no deer and how the Game Commission was mismanaging the deer and killing them all off from long before you were even born."

And when that level gets multiplied by about tenfold, as it has, we have a problem.

"I have been hearing that screaming and shouting from hunters every single time the Game Commission has increased the antler less license or harvests over the past fifty years. But, that screaming and shouting it not nearly as strong today as it was fifty years ago, twenty years ago, ten years ago or even five years ago. "

LMAO. Your nuts. 50 years ago pgc didnt get sued, audited and prevented a fee increase. 50 years ago, people didnt fear being shot because they were slaughtering the deer herd. Your claim is yet anothing in a long line of halftruths and damage control effort. You have already said what you thought about the hunters of this state. And you've been telling the pgc/ecoextremist party line for nearly a decade or more. Anyone buying in is an idiot. Its that simple. Thankfully, aside from a few fellow econuts, I dont think anyone is buying what you and audubon have been selling.

"I talk to FAR more hunters in a year then probably anyone posting on this web site and the VAST MAJORITY of the hunters are not dissatisfied with the deer hunting they are experiencing. And, I am even in what many consider to be the most deer depressed area of the state."

1st you dont. 2nd you dont ask all the hunters you speak with about their opinions so dont act like you do.

"Yes, most hunters would like to see more deer but most of them also know that seeing more deer isn’t realistic or even possible until they first see the habitat recovering to where it can support more deer. "

You dont speak for "most hunters". You have already said what you thought about "hunters" taking their money and taking a flying leap. The majority think that anyone with opinions such as yours are completely out of their minds. Perhaps you dont see it when dealing with people who see you as an "authority figure" when dealing with them.... Or perhaps your damage control efforts know no boundaries.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Banned

"Yes, Rodger the survey is 4 years old and yes it's a very small percentage of the hunters."

It wasnt worth the paper printed on. Names and numbers of pgc yesmen, provided by pgc to the poll takers. Pure b.s. Just like the upcoming sham audit. And just like Byron shissler the audubon and dcnr econut giving pgc the thumbs up as a supposed previous "critic" even though he helped develop the deer plan since he had been on the deer management team! LMAO!... Stay the course and tell the lies to back it. Thats the pgc mantra.

"You might well see a better approval rating if it were done again today"

Youd see worse because the herd is much smaller now than it even was then. And assuming an "unbiased" audit of real deer hunters, id say it'd probably match most of the internet polls that run 70-80% against the deer management plan reduction. Maybe even higher since in the real world, pgc employees dcnr guys etc. would be a much smaller percentage of the overall vote than they are on these websites... So I dont think 90%+ against would be out of the question. From what I see around here in the real world, its that high or higher.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Spike

the way i see it if youve got a problem with hunting deer in pa then dont.there are plenty of deer out there and theres too many ppl whining because they didnt get a deer in their favorite spot or on the first day or whatever.personally numbers and percentages dont mean squat to me im still gonna hunt and im still gonna see deer.who cares about all that crap?hunting is hunting.personally ive seen bigger bucks being shot the last few years.if your mad because you dont see what you want to then go hunt a game farm somewhere else and if you dont wanna pay the license fee or have a problem with the way pa runs things hunt another state or suck it up.hunter numbers are going to go down when youve got ppl rattling off their numbers and percentages that they took off of websites.i know what i see and feel that its not the best hunting but it could be alot worse.and thats how alot of ppl feel around here.say what you want but until i dont see deer anymore im going to continue to hunt in pa.if somebody else doesnt thats fine just more oportunities for me to hunt other areas.there is no arguing about it either hunt and just be glad you get to get out and are able to have the opportunity to hunt or go somewhere else and bawl.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

who cares about all that crap?
That right. Who cares about all that crap. Not me. What worries me the most is that there are people in our deer woods carrying lethal weapons that ain't even got the smarts enough to puntuate or use a CAPS key.God help us.[X(]
Old 06-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Banned

More hunter dissent

and more...

More.....

More....

More....
Old 06-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Spike

My bad i didn't know this was high school english class.Sorry
Old 06-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Banned

Actually, your english is a little better than your actual input.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ManySpurs

who cares about all that crap?
That right. Who cares about all that crap. Not me. What worries me the most is that there are people in our deer woods carrying lethal weapons that ain't even got the smarts enough to puntuate or use a CAPS key.God help us.[X(]
Or spell?
Old 06-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Spike

first off cornelius just because i highly disagree with you doesnt mean im wrong.second just because i decide not to use the shift key or punctuation doesnt mean ****.and third this isnt an arguement.i put my opinion down,end of story.

Quick Reply: PA VOTED WORST DEER STATE IN NATION

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.