Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 USP President OK with deer audit contractor >

USP President OK with deer audit contractor

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

USP President OK with deer audit contractor

Old 05-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default USP President OK with deer audit contractor

This deerprogram audits validity, even though it has yet to begin, has been a subject for debate here in recent weeks. The May 22 issue of PA outdoor news contains some interesting quotes from none other than Seve Mohr, president of the USP.

From PA outdoor news May 22, 2009, Front page article titled

At last, deer audit slated:

Mohr Contends that Unified wants "to get the factson the table" about deer management and believes the audit will help. He expressed confidence that WMI will not defend the commission as some Unified members have claimed.

"WMI has a national reputation to uphold, and I can't see that they would jeopardize that reputation by reporting something that is not true"

"We are going to expect WMI to come up with the documented facts. Our lawsuit can proceed at the same time as the audit -they are two totally different things"
Personally, I still contend that endorsing or condemning the audit before it happens is foolish at bestbut I also thought these quotes coming from the USP prez were kind of interesting when one considers all the hand wringing over the thing before its done by a vocal few here.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: USP President OK with deer audit contractor

"WMI has a national reputation to uphold, and I can't see that they would jeopardize that reputation by reporting something that is not true"
Maybe Mohr doesn't realize that WMI can write an audit that supports the PGC plan without jeopardizing their reputation. The methods the PGC uses for estimating population harvests ,forest health and herd health have already been peer reviewed and found to be valid. Unless the audit requires that specific apparent conflicts in the PGC plan be addressed, WMI can just ignore them.

WMI has already said they support diversity,so they will have no problem justifying the amount of HR the PGC has implemented.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bb going by that theory you could say they are out to get the pgc or they are this or that. But until they do the job does anyone have any proof or facts to say what they will do
Old 05-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the proof that WMI supports biodiversity which means they support the PGC HR plan. What do you have to offer in defense of WMI?
Old 05-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nodda but i am not saying hip hip hooray the audit will Grrreat either
Old 05-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a reasonable position to take and I don't have a problem with that.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

Nodda but i am not saying hip hip hooray the audit will Grrreat either
I agree 100% bowtruck. We need to let it happen before cheering or booing.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

But you claimed the audit would be objective even though you had nothing to support that claim. So you were cheerleading!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

But you claimed the audit would be objective even though you had nothing to support that claim. So you were cheerleading!!!

LOL, you really need to read before you post or maybe you need to go back and read slower. I've said several times in this thread and another that the audit deserves scrutiny once complete but any audit should have the expectation of objectivity before it starts.

Please point out one example of a state agency or other organization proving bias on the part of WMI in some past evaluation in this field.

If an organization that has done contract work for 40 state agencies and 4 provinces has a tendency toward bias, surely some proof of said bias would be available from some past client.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, you really need to read before you post or maybe you need to go back and read slower. I've said several times in this thread and another that the audit deserves scrutiny once complete but any audit should have the expectation of objectivity before it starts.
That is not what you said in the quote I provided. You decared that the audit would be objective based solely on your opinion.
Please point out one example of a state agency or other organization proving bias on the part of WMI in some past evaluation in this field.
It is impossible to prove an inherent bias when deer management is subjective rather than objective. If the PA audit was based on the number of deer the habitat can support the audit would make the PGC look like idiots. But if the audit is based on the biodiversity carrying capacity the PGC will look like heroes.

Quick Reply: USP President OK with deer audit contractor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.