Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 What to do with the crossbows. >

What to do with the crossbows.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What to do with the crossbows.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What to do with the crossbows.

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: rem700man

Sproulman:
I do read your posts,,,I see that your involved with all kinds of different people,,,,you go to meetings involving wildlife mgmt. and voice your opinion,,,you go for walks,,,you have dreams,,,,it's never ending how involved you are,,,im just wondering why ,,,with all this experience you have,,,can you not come up with one LEGITIMATE reason for the missing deer other than,,,it's the PGC's fault,,,or the weapon used ,,,or the stink in the woods,,,etc........Face it sproul,,,it's the greed of the hunter that does the damage! And i mean really,,,,so what,, if a guy takes a shot a little out of his/her comfort zone with a x-bow,,,,guys do it everyday of the season with a compound,,and loose deer,,,it's gonna happen,,,even if your using a 30-06,,,and if you type in here that you hav'nt lost a deer,,,im gonna know that your the biggest bullshi!!er that ever walked!
i dont wound a deer..
if you read my posts,i said i left that buck last week of rutgo because wind was blowing, it was 10 minutes before dark and rain coming at 7 pm and only a top of shoulder up shot at 33 yds.

most would have shot at that buck, not me.

he did have big rack, 8 point with 18 inch spread.
I'll be the 1st to admit,,,i would have taken the shot at 33 yds,,weather you like it or not!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

BTB:
show em like it is!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Banned

REsident hunting licenses compared.

West Virginia----------------$23.00
Georgia---------------------$19.00
Florida----------------------$17.00
Illinois-----------------------$13.00
New York--------------------$19.00
Pa---------------------------$20.00

Btb wants to point out that pa includes ringneck and turkey. Thats nice but most are DEER hunters. Second, it all evens out because some of the other states offer other things as well. Some have furbearers included (pa needs added stamp) some include feral hogs (which pa doesnt even have) others include both bow and muzzleloader within that fee...

Underpaying? Hardly. We are about average, and could be argued GROSSLY overpaying due to lack of management which we are paying for.

With the rediculously high increase, we'll be paying top dollar for the samemismanagement we are paying for now.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Banned

"By the way, you don't know spit about Illinois either. Once again the total for an Illinois resident for what we get with just the basic license in PA is $57.50 (actually, for that $57.50 an Ill resident only gets one week of spring turkey. he'd have to pay another $45 to get full season spring turkey) "

Your a liar. Ive said on every post DEER hunting. I also explained "added bonuses" on my last post.

I guess you'reback to your lyingways;
Old 02-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

rem, no doe in 15 years for me .

only buck .
Old 02-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Banned

Want to hunt cheap? Arkansas resident. $25. That includes gun, bow and Muzzleloader, comes with 4 deer tags and 4 turkey tags all included in that price!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Banned

North carolina. $25 bucks. Includes deer bear and boar.

Underpaying in Pa?? We need to pay 36 or 38$? When pgc says that the legislators ought to laugh in their face.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

REsident hunting licenses compared.

West Virginia----------------$23.00
Georgia---------------------$19.00
Florida----------------------$17.00
Illinois-----------------------$13.00
New York--------------------$19.00
Pa---------------------------$20.00

Btb wants to point out that pa includes ringneck and turkey. Thats nice but most are DEER hunters. Second, it all evens out because some of the other states offer other things as well. Some have furbearers included (pa needs added stamp) some include feral hogs (which pa doesnt even have) others include both bow and muzzleloader within that fee...

Underpaying? Hardly. We are about average, and could be argued GROSSLY overpaying due to lack of management which we are paying for.

With the rediculously high increase, we'll be paying top dollar for the samemismanagement we are paying for now.
My comparison was using PA as a basis. The fees I showed were for equall privileges. The best you were able to find was a buck less than PAfor far less hunting opportunities

You accuse me of apples vs oranges and come up with Florida as a place for good deer hunting..... LMFAO!!

BTW Florida and Georgia both have extra fees for public ground

WV you left out habitat stamps at $5

You also still dont have a clue about Illinois. For a resident to hunt deer only is 7.50 license +5.50 habitat stamp + 15.00 resident deer permit. And they dont have 2% of the public land that PA has to hunt andaccess to private land costs really big $$$$

My original comparison was a fair side by side with what you get in PA.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

North carolina. $25 bucks. Includes deer bear and boar.

Underpaying in Pa?? We need to pay 36 or 38$? When pgc says that the legislators ought to laugh in their face.
Want to hunt cheap? Arkansas resident. $25. That includes gun, bow and Muzzleloader, comes with 4 deer tags and 4 turkey tags all included in that price!!!

Here's a better idea.... put your whiney ass in the car and go there to hunt if things are so much better there! Maybe you and slick Willie can share a duck blind and swap lies LOL HA HA HA LOL
Old 02-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Banned

"My comparison was using PA as a basis. The fees I showed were for equall privileges. The best you were able to find was a buck less than PAfor far less hunting opportunities "

There are more than one I listed less, and there are some more than a dollar. My point is, we are right in line with what most states are paying. The thirty something they are asking for ISNT.

"You accuse me of apples vs oranges and come up with Florida as a place for good deer hunting..... LMFAO!! "

Dont knock it bro. Quality sucks, but its a fun stint. Crazy habitat and lots of hogs!!

"You also still dont have a clue about Illinois. For a resident to hunt deer only is 7.50 license +5.50 habitat stamp + 15.00 resident deer permit. And they dont have 2% ofthe public land that PA has to hunt andaccess to private land costs really big $$$$ "

Remember we are talking resident license fees. And as a resident its much easier to gain access than a nonresident. We could also call it a wash, since the public land here is very lackluster.

Quick Reply: What to do with the crossbows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.