Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 A better relationship with our PGC? How? >

A better relationship with our PGC? How?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A better relationship with our PGC? How?

Old 01-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A better relationship with our PGC? How?

They just legalized full inclusion of crossbows yet the high majority of PA hunters are against it.So why did it happen?Money and a bigger anterless deer harvest.deer harvest.Some say allocations control the kills which is true to an extent but still not all anterless tags are filled.
So is the PGC listening to hunters?I don't think so.People have been saying alot of public lands have very low deer numbers from overharvesting yet what's being done?The jury is still out on 2G.
Seems to me the PGC is driven by money now and that's about it.
Some say the hunters aren't educated yet their classroom is in the field out in reality and not behind a computer yet their knowledge is written off as uneducated.What a freeking joke.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: germain

They just legalized full inclusion of crossbows yet the high majority of PA hunters are against it.So why did it happen?Money and a bigger anterless deer harvest.deer harvest.Some say allocations control the kills which is true to an extent but still not all anterless tags are filled.
So is the PGC listening to hunters?I don't think so.People have been saying alot of public lands have very low deer numbers from overharvesting yet what's being done?The jury is still out on 2G.
Some say the hunters aren't educated yet their classroom is in the field out in reality and not behind a computer yet their knowledge is written off as uneducated.What a freeking joke.
I don't believe it. I said it before I don't think the mass didn't want it. I believe the mass archers didn't want it. I have friends in PA who hunt alot and don't get on the net or buy PA hunting magazines. They said they didn't know anything about Xbow vote. Let me ask this question? The people who herd about this vote about Xbows coming up, Where did you here about it at? Who told you about this vote? Like I said,My PA friends didn't know anything about it till I told them. Was it on the local news or was it in the local papers.How was it advertised for all to know about this decision that was up for a vote?
Old 01-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: explorer_Jack

ORIGINAL: germain

I don't believe it. I said it before I don't think the mass didn't want it. I believe the mass archers didn't want it. I have friends in PA who hunt alot and don't get on the net or buy PA hunting magazines. They said they didn't know anything about Xbow vote. Let me ask this question? The people who herd about this vote about Xbows coming up, Where did you here about it at? Who told you about this vote? Like I said,My PA friends didn't know anything about it till I told them. Was it on the local news or was it in the local papers.How was it advertised for all to know about this decision that was up for a vote?

Uh, mail to the BOC members ran 90% against and 10% for inclusion.
I believe 42 people spokewhile the PGc entertained public comments. 10 for and 32 against.

It was in all the outdoor press repeatedly fron June on and more heavily written about throughout the hunting season when all hunters are most likely to read about such matters. What more proof do you need EJ? How much more public exposure do you expect?

On top of that, no scientific evidence was presented todispute the possible concerns raised by those against inclusion making this a purely social decision.

Add to that the fact that one member of the BOC who voted yes stands to reap financial benefit from full inclusion and the whole thing stinks to high heaven.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:29 PM

Let me ask this question? The people who herd about this vote about Xbows coming up, Where did you here about it at? Who told you about this vote? Like I said,My PA friends didn't know anything about it till I told them. Was it on the local news or was it in the local papers.How was it advertised for all to know about this decision that was up for a vote?
Old 01-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

This is one place hunters and gun owners heard about it, this is just one place of many.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Please Contact the Pennsylvania Game Commission Today!
Over the last several years, there has been a growing debate concerning the use of crossbows in Pennsylvania. At its upcoming meeting, the Pennsylvania Game Commission will be voting on a proposal that would make Pennsylvania the twelfth state to allow the use of crossbows during the state archery season. This meeting will be held from Sunday, January 25 to Tuesday, January 27. To view a copy of the agenda, please click here.

NRA strongly advocates for any expansion of hunter opportunity and choice when there is no biological reason to oppose the expansion. In fact, states that have allowed the use of crossbows have been able to maintain healthy wildlife populations. Additionally, the recruitment and retention of hunters has improved by removing crossbow restrictions. At a time when the number of hunters is declining, nothing is more important than the ongoing effort to preserve and strengthen our hunting heritage.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission has received input on both sides of the issue from stakeholders concerning this proposed change. It’s time the Pennsylvania Game Commission hear from the very sportsmen and hunters they represent. There is little doubt that non-hunters and “animal rights” forces will be active in making their voices heard, so it is vital that sportsmen speak loudly.

Please contact the members of the Pennsylvania Game Commission TODAY and respectfully ask that they act to preserve our cherished hunting heritage by voting for the inclusion of crossbows during the state archery season. Contact information for your Game Commissioner can be found below.

Roxane Palone, President
[email protected]
Greg Isabella, Vice-President
[email protected]

Jay Delaney, Jr., Secretary
[email protected]

Russell Schleiden
[email protected]

Tom Boop
[email protected]

Dave Schreffler
[email protected]

Ron Weaner
[email protected]
[/align]

Old 01-31-2009, 02:09 PM

Like I said, Was anyone sent anything in the mail from the PGC? Or does one have to be a member or subscriber to a organization to know about those dealings? Like I said on another post. Decide the year before and have these questionaires placed at license dealers and have them filled out before a licensed is issued. Then you would have better accuracy than you do now with alot more input from all the hunters. Mandatory 16yrs and older.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a fact jack
Old 01-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw two polls on two different websites.Also in a column of outdoor news.That's OK if you don't believe it,I'm just relaying the info.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't mention the letters to the BOC because BT already did.Thanks BT

Here's something else you guys won't believe,crossbows will have an affect on the archery seasons and/or allocations.I promise you that.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: explorer_Jack

Like I said, Was anyone sent anything in the mail from the PGC? Or does one have to be a member or subscriber to a organization to know about those dealings? Like I said on another post. Decide the year before and have these questionaires placed at license dealers and have them filled out before a licensed is issued. Then you would have better accuracy than you do now with alot more input from all the hunters. Mandatory 16yrs and older.

That's a good idea but if they did that possibly full inclusion wouldn't be passed.But then again since money was the deciding factor it probably wouldn't have mattered.

Quick Reply: A better relationship with our PGC? How?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.